9- Real Power

"Ahana, move fast," Sameera said through gritted teeth. Stopping a bullet coming at such a high speed was taking a toll on her body.

From only being able to make things float for 30 seconds to at least five minutes, She had come far in her abilities. But the power required to stop a bullet was incomparable to any other thing she had used her power for.

Ahana groaned, looking at the look of each person standing there. "What have you done?! You do realize that there was a reason behind me taking all the hits from these men, right? I wasn't having fun getting bruised," Ahana said to Sameera, as she tried to get out of the man's hold.

"I panicked okay. Sorry for trying to save your life," Sameera yelled, while putting force on both of her hands, to maintain the air and keep the bullet floating.

As their conversation continued, the teachers understood that they were the reason behind the sudden water from the broken tap. And police realized that it was because of them why the attackers dropped their guns suddenly. They all wanted to scream in panic, but their voice was stuck in their throat. With widened eyes, everyone just saw the situation enfold quietly.

The teachers gestured to the parents and students to keep calm. For now, these strange people seemed to be on their side. And even if they weren't, the humans didn't have any chance to win against them. It was in their best interest to not aggravate these powerful women.

"Dammit!" Ahana cursed, when the man didn't let go of her.

"Just burn him. Our secret is already out. There's no point in dragging time by doing it in a human way," Gyaan yelled from the fence.

Hearing his words, the attacker immediately left Ahana in fright.

"Scaredy cat," Ahana snorted, before moving away.

Sameera took a huge breath as she stopped using her power. The bullet went ahead and stuck to the tree at the far end as everyone had parted away from its way.

"My poor friend," Avan pouted, as the tree got hurt, causing Ahana to glare at him.

"Oops," Avan said sheepishly.

"Who...who are you all?" The police officer asked hesitantly.

The police had first thought it was just the two women, but the conversation between them let them know that they were more people with powers. And this was much more terrifying.

"Let's catch the criminals first. We can discuss it later," Gyaan yelled from the fence.

Tired of his yelling, Ahana shot out the sunrays, and gestured to Neer with her eyes to use his powers. Everyone's mouth was left hung open when they saw a wave of water meeting the rays in the middle.

"Wow😍!!" The kids exclaimed, as they saw a rainbow form.

Gyaan and Neer walked on the rainbow and came inside the playground.

"Awesome shortcut. Thanks for saving the run through the alleyways to reach here," Gyaan said, before he moved ahead to heal all the officers who were injured.

Ahana didn't know whether it was genuine or sarcastic, so she just resorted to rolling her eyes in response.

Ahana turned back to see the attackers were trying to run, while the police officers were busy ogling Gyaan, who healed their or their teammates wounds.

"Avan request for a few branches please," Ahana muttered, irritated by the police. But it wasn't their fault either. They were also humans who were shocked by the presence of elements.

"On it." Avan didn't need to be told anything more. He quickly and sweetly requested his friends and soon many branches from the nearby trees came and circled around the attackers.

Each and every attacker was tied from neck to toe, unable to move even their finger.

"Jadhav, put them in a van and take them immediately to the station," the leading officer said, having come back to his senses. Pointing towards the other two officers, he said, "Make sure all the people are okay and they safely reach their homes."

"But sir, what about them?" Another officer asked, warily eyeing the elements.

The officer nodded as he thought over, "I would request you all to come with us to the station."

"What for? The crime of trying to save everyone?" Ahana deadpanned.

"As a witness and also to make a complaint. You are the one who got hurt the most in this whole ordeal," the officer said in a calm tone.

"I don't want to," Ahana replied bluntly, while tying her hair in a messy bun. She would never keep her hair open ever again. Her scalp was hurting from all the pulling from the attacker.

The officer sighed, but nodded respecting her wish. Not that he could do anything against the ones who could even stop a bullet.

The people who were trying to run at possible chance, now stood rooted to their place. No matter how much the officers tried, they couldn't move their legs as they looked at the five people who saved them.

"Are you superheroes?" A six year old asked the question which was running in everyone's mind.

It was either that or these were some super villains who came to take over their planet.

"Of course they are superheroes," the mother of the unconscious kid said with certainty. "Or else they would have sided with those criminals instead of us."

They had saved her child from the hold of the criminal. There was no way they would be bad people.

"I agree. The water plan was also theirs. They didn't come out until the end, trying to remain hidden. If they were helping us with ulterior motives, they would come out much earlier," the sports sir said, looking at Neer with gratitude.

"We aren't superheroes," Ahana and Neer refused in unison.

"We are just maintenance guys," Avan informed, as he remembered the talk they had with the kids of researchers.

"I feel like elements weren't supposed to rule over the world, like your ancestors did. Nor were the humans meant to be a species that was beneath them.

"What if...what if elements were here for the maintenance of the world?"

"Maintenance?" Everyone asked in unison.

"Yes, maintenance. Like we have police, lawyers, judges. All these people don't create the law but maintain it. They are here to check whether the existing laws are being followed properly and they punish the people who break the law.

"Just like that...what if the elements are here to check and protect the laws of nature. To maintain an order so that no one can destroy nature."

Ayaan explained the entire theory when he noticed that the crowd was left confused by his brother's words.

Everyone had a smile on their face. Firstly, Ayaan was too cute as he tried to render his knowledge. And most importantly, they had found the people who would come to save them within a blink of an eye, yet wouldn't claim themselves to be above humans.

Gyaan requested everyone to keep their involvement a secret, as it would put everyone in trouble. He also asked the police officers to take the full credit of this situation, leaving their existence behind. The way he spoke, it had such an aura behind it, that no one could refuse. It was as if no one knew the situation better than him.

This was the first time other elements saw the real power of a peacemaker.