22- Unbeatable

White, blue, red and green light surrounded the room like rays, as the elements pushed out their power at the strongest energy they could muster.

The already weakened and rusted chains snapped in an instant, freeing everyone. The five of them looked at each other with wide and unbelieving eyes, still not over the fact that they did it.

"Yes! Step one is complete," Neer rejoiced, pumping his hands in the air.

"Now we just need to find a perfect time to get out of here, before alerting the doctors," Gyaan said, putting down their excitement by a notch.

"Bring the smiles back. This was the hardest part," Ahana ordered, "If we can't escape stealthily then we will walk over their dead bodies."

Others chuckled at her words. Her words were empowering, but they all knew that they could never do that.

"Our powers are for saving, not for destroying," Neer said, putting sense in his twin, before she did something unthinkable.

"Yeah yeah, I know. I am just saying that we have this option in case things get worse," Ahana replied, making a face.

"The lastest option," Avan said firmly, so that she wouldn't have any ideas.

"Lastest isn't a word," Ahana snorted, but then relented after seeing his pout. "I won't harm them unless and until it isn't a do or die situation."

The elements stopped talking when Gyaan shushed them, pointing his finger to his lips.

"Did you hear the click?" He asked in a whisper.

"A click?" Ahana questioned, but was shushed down immediately by Gyaan.

"Slowly," he whisper-yelled, before answering her, "yeah, the click sounded like a latch opening."

"Did the staff open the door?" Sameera questioned in a low voice, "but no one came in," she wondered with a frown.

They didn't have to think much as the room's door suddenly burst open, and two tall and scary dogs came barreling inside.

Before they all could even grasp the situation, the dogs jumped on top of Sameera and Neer, who were nearest to the door.

It all happened within a fraction of a second, that before the others could get out of the shock, Neer's shirt was already half torned and Sameera received a huge scratch on her hand, as they tried to get away from the dogs.

Gyaan and Ahana ran to get the dogs off. They tried to pull the dogs from behind, and as a result gained some cuts themselves too.

The dogs turned their heads with a huge growl and bared teeth, that even caused Ahana to gulp in fear.

It only took a few seconds for Avan to come out of the shock, but so much damage was already done.

One of the dogs was about to bite hard on Neer's neck when a scream inside his mind stopped him.

"Friend, please stop. Don't do something you will regret," Avan pleaded, speaking with the dog.

A strange noise came out of the dog's mouth, as his head shook, but alas! he was again back to his feral mode.

Not giving up hope, Avan tried again, this time with better focus.

The dogs stopped their attacks again and groaned as they tried to fight between the craziness and Avan's soothing voice.

Unlike the last time, Gyaan and Ahana took advantage of the situation. They pulled out Neer and Sameera before the dogs could go feral again, and moved to tie up the dogs with the rusted chains that were lying around their beds.