58- Better late than Never

In the Human World:

The moment Sameera had cut the call, Ravi knew he had made the biggest mistake of his life. Asking your love to choose between him and someone they really cared for, was a really shitty move on his part.

"Sameera wouldn't have chosen Neer if he was actually the culprit." The realization clicked to him a second too late.

He immediately called back to the number Sameera had called him from. However, Sameera was long gone from there.

"I will bring you back to me, Sameera. And this time along with all other elements, after proving them all of you innocent," he said with determination.

Not wanting to waste time, he immediately tried to contact Maanvi. While others were close to the elements, he and Maanvi were the only ones in relationship with them. Ravi was sure that even if no one else sided with the elements, Maanvi would surely give it a second thought. But contacting Maanvi was harder than he thought. She had left the job and was at a higher post in a big media company. Although she had left the job, Ravi didn't think it would be this hard to reach her.

Hoping that she would reach out to him later after seeing all those messages and missed calls, Ravi decided to sleep on it, only to be woken up with the news of the death of elements.

He sat there like a statue, unable to think coherently. Nothing made sense to him. It was like his world had fallen down yet again. Even the pain of the accident and being left as a handicapped didn't compare to the pain he was feeling right now.

"I was too late."

These words roamed in his mind continuously. If only he had shown up to help Sameera earlier. If only he wasn't a coward. He could have surely helped the elements somehow.

Amidst all the problems, Sameera had managed to call him, yet he couldn't be there for her. Her last cry for help was ignored by him.

How was he going to forgive himself? He had broken her heart a night before she died. They both loved each other dearly, yet their last conversation was full of pain and betrayal.

After the accident, Ravi was living in darkness. Sameera had been the one who had shown him light. Now how was he going to get by without her. All those promises, all those resolutions, all those wishes, all those hopes for their future together; she left the world without completing any of them.

The pain started becoming unbearable. Without Sameera's light, Ravi started falling into darkness again. And somehow managed to land himself into the once dreaded hospital yet again.

Many known ones came to wish him well, and among them were the researchers. They were essentially the colleagues of his niece, but they all had created a separate bond when they had come to live at Ravi's house during the time of disasters. However, right now their presence was a reminder of what he had lost.

Ravi wasn't really angry with them. Just like him, they had decided to take an easy way out for themselves. They all, including himself, were cowards for putting the elements under the bus for saving themselves.

"I know it is hard to lose a loved one," Reyansh, the team leader said, squeezing Ravi's hand, "but just think whether you should really feel bad for the murderers. We have clear evidence about Neer being a killer. And if all other elements sided with him, then they all were equally involved.

"I think this is a blessing in disguise. The villains are dead, and we are free from the speculation of others."

Ravi scoffed at his words. "They are dead, yet you are focused on saving your own ass."