11- In pain

Ahana lowered her voice, but her angry tone was still there. "The police wanted me to come to the station, huh? I will fulfill their wish now. Let's go there and burn down their entire station."

"It does not seem like their work," Gyaan said, shaking his mobile, having started the news.

Ahana, Neer, Sameera and Gyaan came forward to see what was playing. A little tug on Gyaan's jeans made him look down. Scratching his head, he gestured everyone to crouch down so Avan could also see what was playing.

Neer chuckled, while the ladies shook their heads at their forgetence.

As the video played, Gyaan pointed out the things he found, "The video is taken from all sides. See, particularly this side- it was impossible for the police to capture this from the place they were standing.

"And even if they could, I think we would have seen them. They all were in front of us."

Neer agreed, "True. And the quality of the video is obviously far better than the ones mobile can capture. I have seen the quality of the camera Maanvi uses for her job. This video seems to be of that level."

Sameera hummed, "So this isn't the work of police, but the—"

"Reporters," Ahana finished, the scowl on her face deepening.

"But from where they shot the video...we didn't see them," Sameera said, at the same time Ahana asked Gyaan and Neer, "You two were outside. Did you notice something?"

Both guys shook their heads in dejection.

"Useless," Ahana muttered under her breath.

"They must have hidden well," Gyaan said, "or they are still hiding, and shooting our dejected faces."

Hearing Gyaan, they all instantly moved their heads around trying to see if they could find the reporters, but all they saw was the parents, students and teachers looking at their crouched forms warily.

"Just go home," Neer said.

The parents eagerly nodded, not wanting to cross the powerful people. They all moved hurriedly, taking their children with them. Sports sir was the only one who lingered behind.

Seeing the raised eyebrows of the heroes, he explained, "I just wanted to thank you all for helping us. Here is my card, do call me if there is something I could help you with."

"We don't need—"

Neer interjected Ahana before she could take out her anger on the innocent teacher and took the card from him. "Thanks for offering. We will keep your kindness in mind."

"And yes," Neer called out, before the Sir could leave, "You were really brave today. We wouldn't have been able to do much without your help."

The teacher smiled, blinking his eyes and tipping his head a little to show that the compliment was well received, before leaving the elements alone.

"If we are done appreciating kindness and bravery, can we come to the point?" Ahana asked with annoyance in her voice.

"I told you before, that kindness needs to be rewarded. Among all the elders, he was the only one who dared try to do something for the sake of saving lives," Neer spoke, tired of her attitude.

They all were stuck in this situation, but no else was acting out like her. Even Avan was behaving more maturely.

"Neer," Sameera called him gently, after she saw Ahana look down in dejection, "She is fire, her temper is natural. And let's not forget that she is hurt. Just think about the pain she is in."

This time it was Gyaan, who looked down in guilt. While trying to save the wounded police officers he had used up all his energy, leaving nothing for Ahana. If only he had prioritized her. If only he had just put all the officers out of danger, instead of completely healing them. He would have been able to heal their fire element.

"So the saying is true...A wounded lioness is more dangerous than a hungry one," Avan said, trying to lighten the mood.

Ahana chuckled, shaking his hair, before turning towards others, "Sorry. Neer is right, I shouldn't be acting out."

"Ahana it is okay. You don't have to apologize. We understand that you are in pain," Sameera said in a gentle tone, trying to reassure her.

Ahana shook her head in disagreement. With a sad smile on her face, she said, "Today someone has been hurt much more than me. But I don't see that person acting out. Pain is no excuse for disrespect."

She didn't need to word it out for everyone to understand. Avan was the one who got hurt the most today. Ahana's physical pain was nothing compared to his wounded heart.

"Let's stop for now. We should take Ahana Didi to the hospital first," Avan said, not wanting to see them pity him more.

"I am fine," Ahana tried to refuse, but no one listened to her.

"It's not like we can go home directly from here," Neer said, while standing up and dusting the back of his jeans. Giving her a hand he said, "With these vultures following us, it will take a long time for us to reach home. Let's get you treated and then think of a solution on the way."

"I agree. You can even get infected by the time my ability to heal you comes back. Let's just go," Gyaan said.

Gyaan moved ahead to try and get a cab for all of them, while Sameera and Avan followed behind.

"Go ahead," Neer said when Sameera and Avan stopped for the limping Ahana. "I will bring her safely."

Ahana took his support to walk, but was silent.

"Sorry," Neer whispered, "I shouldn't have lost my temper."

Ahana didn't say anything at first, but after two-three nudges from Neer and almost falling because of a strong poke, she relented.

"I am already in pain, don't make it worse," she said, glaring at him. It took two more seconds, before she shrugged, "Argh! Forget it. I can't stay mad at you."

Muttering, "cute," under his breath, Neer chuckled, taking her in for a side hug.

Walking a few steps, Ahana sighed before speaking up, "Your anger was justified. I just didn't like that you scolded me in front of everybody."

"Aww, someone was embarrassed," Neer teased, as Ahana pouted.

Sameera and Avan who had turned back to see what the commotion was about were left flabbergasted. They never knew that Ahana had a cute side, well until now.

They both understood one thing at that moment, while Ahana was definitely more than her angry nature; her vulnerable sides were just for the eyes of her twin.

The twin bond was really funny. Ahana's walls were most guarded when it came to the protection of Neer, but they were least guarded when she was with Neer. Her extremes were only reserved for one person- Her twin brother.