13- Let's make our place in the world again

Somehow they all managed to reach the hospital, evading all the reporters. The not-so subtle glances and whispers were really getting into their nerves, especially Ahana's.

"Thank God, she is out of energy. Or else the whole city would have been burned down today," Sameera commented, before coughing a little when she noticed Ahana's glare.

The hospital wasn't any different. The patients, nurses, doctors, receptionist; everyone seemed to have no other work than staring at them.

"We aren't in a museum, nor are we antique pieces," Ahana yelled loudly, causing everyone to look elsewhere, yet their eyes came back to secretly look at the elements.

No one had the guts to go and meet the elements or ask any questions. But they all were curious enough to gulp down the fear and stare at them.

"Ah, These vultures!! They just keep on coming," Gyaan groaned, looking out of the glass wall. The reporters were back, waiting for them to come outside to get an exclusive.

"What are we going to do? They just keep on coming?" Neer asked no one in particular.

"Maybe Maanvi could help. She is in the same field. Call your girlfriend and see if she can do something," Gyaan suggested.

"What can she do?" Ahana huffed, "She works in the media, but her post isn't that high to make all these reporters go away," she said, pointing towards the ants that were swarming outside the hospital.

"Well she can't, but her boss can," Sameera pointed out with a smirk.

"Look at her goading about the love of her life," Neer muttered, before chuckling.

"Why shouldn't I? He is that good," Sameera boasted, before taking out her mobile.

Just when she was about to call, his call came through.

"Speak of the devil and the devil appears," Ahana said.

Sameera narrowed her eyes at Ahana, but then chuckled within a second. "I will tell him that you called him a devil," she whispered, before moving away to take the call.

"Why are you moving far? You need to talk about our escape plan!! Don't start your lovey-dovey talks," Neer yelled with a laugh as Sameera hurried away, but not before cursing at him.

"Hel—"

Before Sameera could speak, Ravi interrupted with a concerned voice, "Are you okay? You aren't hurt much, right? I was so scared."

"Relax, relax. I am fine. We all are," Sameera said.

"You don't have to lie. I saw everything. There's no way you all are fine. One is physically wounded, while the other is emotionally."

"Nothing escapes your eyes. But don't worry, we will survive this. We always have," Sameera said with conviction.

"I know," Ravi agreed. Sameera could imagine his proud face as he spoke.

"Thanks for believing in me. However...I will need some help...," Sameera trailed off awkwardly.

"With the reporters?" Ravi finished what Sameera couldn't in her awkwardness.

"Yeah..."

"Don't worry about it. We already have a plan."

"You do?" Sameera asked in a surprised tone. Ravi was already ready with the solution for something she just requested.

"I knew that reporters wouldn't leave you alone the moment I saw the live feel. So now listen up...here's the plan.

"My team would stealthily spread the information among the reporters that it will take at least three hours for you all to come out. Meanwhile I will release the breaking news that we were going to telecast next week.

"Knowing that they aren't going to get much feed for three hours, they will definitely run towards the next best news. And in that time, you all can get to your home," Ravi explained his plan.

"Wow! That seems like an awesome plan. An awesome plan by an awesome person. This is something like we see in web series," Sameera complimented.

Ravi laughed, before saying, "Well...the plan is made by an awesome person, but that person isn't me."

"Huh?"

"It was all Maanvi. But your guess was right. It was something out of a web series. You know how she is planning to shift her focus from real documentaries to fiction. She came up with all that.

"Poor girl is trying her best to help, but can't even manage to talk to Neer. If anyone finds out that she knows an element, it would be all over. I am just lucky that I work from home. Or else I wouldn't have managed to call you."

"True," Sameera said in a low tone. While she was glad that in these tough times she could be in contact with Ravi, it still pained her that he was not yet comfortable to move out of his house.

In all these years, it was just one time when he came out of the house. That too when Sameera needed his help.

"Please don't be sad. I am not uncomfortable with my body anymore. It's true that at first it was because of my non-working legs, but now it's just because it has been so long. I have been away from society for such a long time that I don't know if I will be able to adjust."

"Really Ravi? I can't believe you are saying this. You, the person who taught me how to survive in this society after being trapped in the basement of the crazy scientists for 20 years. I didn't even know what a laptop was, how these touch screen mobiles worked. I still don't know many things about this society. But you always encourage me to live, to learn. Then why?"

"I know my pain is nothing compared to yours..."

"I am not comparing, Ravi," Sameera said instantly, "There's nothing to compare. Your pain and your fear is as real as mine. What I am requesting you is to not give up? Let's learn to survive in this world together, yeah? Let's make mistakes, let's be awkward,  let's make our place again in this world."

"Together...?" He asked hesitantly.

"Together," Sameera confirmed.

Ravi let out a heavy breath, before saying, "Okayy! Once you are out of this mess, we will try."

"Not try, we will do it," Sameera corrected sternly.

"Yes Ma'am!"

Sameera laughed at his antics. They both were over forty, yet behaved like teenagers.

"Get your treatment first, I will make sure to clear the way for you all to get out," Ravi said, before ending the call.

"Bye," Sameera muttered, looking at the black screen of the phone with a smile.

"We don't have all day," Ahana yelled from a distance, breaking Sameera's stupor.

Shaking her head, Sameera let go of the crazy smile and walked towards others to inform them about the plan.