43- Black Magic?

Note:
Werewolf characters(in case it is hard to remember them & their positions)

Vivaan & Nihal - Half Brothers and Co- Alphas of the pack.

Rehyaa- Vivaan's soulmate and Luna of the pack.

Yara- Nihal's soulmate and Beta of the pack.

Hritika- Nihal's cousin and Gamma of the pack.

★★★★★

"Let's not be too aggressive, they have a child with them," Rehyaa said in a low voice, touching Vivaan's elbow.

Hearing her, Vivaan turned his attention to the kid, who had tilted his head and was looking at them curiously.

"There's something weird with them," Avan whispered to other elements, sensing the wolves inside the human bodies.

"Of course, they are weird. Living in a mansion in the middle of nowhere, they are probably a cult," Ahana whispered back.

"Cult? Seriously!" Yara scoffed, throwing her hands up in the air.

"How the hell did she hear me? I am sure I spoke in the lowest voice possible," Ahana whispered, scratching her head in confusion.

"Must be powers of black magic," Neer said, shuddering at the thought of it.

Vivaan, Yara and Rehyaa stared at the strangers with narrowed eyes and clenched jaws, annoyed by their assumptions.

"What's happening?" Hritika and Nihal asked, not liking the fact that they were being out of loop.

"They think of us as a cult who performs black magic," Vivaan informed the two, who unfortunately didn't have the heightened senses to hear the whispers.

"Damn!" Nihal chuckled at the absurdity.

Hritika laughed too, before saying, "Let them think like that. They will run away faster in that case."

And surely enough, the elements were planning to flee from here.

"Let's hurry out of here, before they turn us into sacrificial lambs," Ahana muttered.

"Yeah, we don't know if their powers are stronger than us," Gyaan agreed.

"Powers?" Rehyaa whispered, her eyebrows touching her hairline in shock with what she heard.

"Come to think of it, their scents did seem a little weird," Yara said, whispering as well.

"You felt that too?" Vivaan asked, as he thought he was the only one being delusional.

"So they aren't humans," Hritika concluded, "but why weren't you three sure about it. It should have been easy to detect that from their scents right?" She asked.

Vivaan eyed the group who was whispering amongst themselves, to keep an eye out if they suddenly planned to attack, while Yara explained to her mate and sister-in-law about the situation.

"We only detected the human scent when we were in the waterfall. However, when they came closer, there was another scent mixed with that. But we let it go thinking we were assuming things as it wasn't too strong," Yara explained.

"Not strong? Then are they humans with non-dominant supernatural genes like Nihal?" Hritika asked.

"No, their powers are dominant. Up close, they are too much to be ignored," Rehyaa answered.

"But Yara just said that it wasn't stronger," Nihal muttered, confused as to what was happening.

"Not strong wasn't the right term to use I guess," Yara muttered sheepishly, "let me explain," she said taking a huge breath, "I said it in terms of their scent, not in terms of their strength. Their human scent is much more than the other one. Like ours is 50% human, 50% wolf; there are like 80-90% human and whatever is left is something I can't detect."