27- Beauty of all ages

Ahana was still pondering about the reason for this change of opinion. The whole world had seen them helping and protecting people, so what was the trigger to make them think the opposite.

"Something major must have happened," Gyaan muttered, thinking along the same lines.

"For now, all we saw was the testimonies of some people claiming that we have hurt them," Sameera informed.

"Whom did we hurt?" Ahana asked, not really remembering if she ever caused harm to any innocent being.

"The drunkards who tried eve-teasing you that windy night," Neer answered, a scowl forming on his face as the remembrance, before adding, "the guy whose bike you burned in retaliation was jumping around spitting nonsense."

Ahana scoffed at the absurdity.

"The crazy scientist's son was also there, barking about how we hurled him into a tornado," Sameera added, still baffled by what she had seen on the T.V.

"And they didn't bother informing that the scientist's son was actually kidnapping a girl to experiment on her?" Gyaan said in a questioning tone, before clapping sarcastically, "How amazing are these people? They can take anybody's statements. It doesn't matter whether they themselves are criminals as long as they can prove us to be villains."

"I agree. Other than them, there were so many other people claiming to be hurted by us. And I can swear on Ahana that I haven't ever seen those people in my life," Neer said, running through his hair in frustration.

"They were just adding numbers, so that they could receive more impact from the news," Ahana said, clutching the ends of her hair to stop herself from blasting fire.

"But all this seems to be after work, and not something that would have ignited the fear of us in people," Gyaan said in a thoughtful tone.

"Hmm?" Sameera, Ahana and Neer's eyebrows furrowed after hearing him. Was there something they were missing?

"Bhaiya, did you forget?" Avan asked Neer suddenly, "when we were standing outside, a few people were talking about a repeat telecast of some breaking news."

"Oh yes!" Neer exclaimed, "They were speaking about a video clip that was shown two days ago and was again going to telecast on viewer's demand, so that everyone could be alerted."

"Maybe this video clip is the answer," Gyaan muttered, before looking over to Neer and Avan, "When did you say that telecast was going to air?"

"We never told you," Neer muttered with a huff, while Avan giggled, before Avan answered, "Tonight around 8pm."

"Then let's rest and eat something, before we can get the answer of what led to our doom," Ahana said, before plopping down on the same spot she was standing.

"Wow! Never seen a girl care so less about the place and just sit down whereever available," Gyaan commented.

"I haven't bathed for about a week, I am sweaty, stinky, hungry and what not. So I don't think I have any right to complain about the place to rest/sit on. The road is definitely in a better position than me," Ahana retorted, before making herself comfortable on the road.

"Agreed," Sameera said, before sitting down nearby but exactly opposite to Ahana so that she was facing her.

"See," Ahana said to Gyaan pointedly. She even high-fived Sameera to show her win.

"Yeah yeah," Gyaan muttered, as the boys too followed suit and sat down.

"But what are we going to do about food? We might use the same technique of masks and ghunghat, but there's not much money left," Ahana said.