21- Plans from both sides

Just like the elements thought, the doctors keep trying to harm them. But they couldn't even come near the elements. At first they got doused in the unstoppable water, making it hard for them to stay standing. Then they were attacked by every little thing in the room that was detachable. The pointed items flying in the air was no less than a nightmare for the doctors. And for their last attempt, they couldn't even enter the room as the burst of fire suddenly appeared before their face, making them close the door as soon as they opened it.

"It seems they got tired", Ahana commented, as the doctors hadn't come for the past three days, only sending the staff to help take the elements to the washroom.

Unfortunately, they were always blind folded when they were taken out. At first the elements tried to use their powers to get out of the blind fold, but soon complied when the staff threatened them that they would never come again, and the elements would have to relieve themselves on their beds.

A small loss but nothing compared to not being able to empty their bladder.

However, their ears were working perfectly. They tried to focus on what was happening nearby. At first they were confused, but soon realized that either they were pulled out of that hospital or they were on a floor that wasn't accessible to the patients. Unfortunately, this was all they could find out and it wasn't enough for them to plan their escape.

"I am hungry," Avan whined suddenly. They hadn't eaten a morsel after coming here. Well, it wasn't that the doctors were starving them. The elements were the ones who refused to take anything they provided. After all, there were 100% chances of them spiking their food.

"Don't give up, we will be out of here soon," Neer said, before asking Avan to open his mouth.

"I don't want to drink water. I want real food," Avan yelled, throwing a tantrum.

Ahana rubbed her forehead, trying to keep her anger in. They weren't in the situation to be picky. But she understood that she couldn't really expect much from the hungry child.

"Let's just hope that these chains break soon," Sameera said, looking at the corroded chains. Their condition had worsened. but she didn't know how much time it would take for them to break themselves.

Chains breaking themselves. That had been Gyaan's plan. The chains that couldn't be broken from the outside force, would break themselves from inside. So instead of focusing their power on breaking the chains, they used it for corrosion.

Drowning the chains for limitless hours and creating moisture with the air, started the wear and tear.

Whereas the material was hard to melt, it didn't mean there would be no harm done if it was continuously heated.

While Ahana focused on heating and destroying the alloys, Avan started corrupting the natural metals inside the chains that were dug up from the earth.

The four of them used their powers on the chains simultaneously and continuously, while Gyaan kept healing them so that they could keep going.

They knew corrosion would take time, but that was their first and last hope.

"Let's start the process again in ten minutes," Ahana said breathlessly, as she was quite tired and wanted some rest.

Everyone nodded, and hoped that the doctors didn't enter the room anytime soon. The staff were ignorant to notice the change in chains, but the doctors had a keen eye. If they entered again, then their whole work would go down the drain.

★★★★★

"None of our plans are working. What is the use of capturing them if we can't do anything?" The main doctor vented out as he paced in his cabin.

"Don't give up already. I have a plan," the female assistant said, an evil smirk appearing on her face.

"What? What is it?" The doctor asked hurriedly, his eyes wide with desperation.

"Wild dogs," she answered.

"Dogs? Where did they come from? And how are they going to be helpful?" The male assistant asked, scratching the back of his head in confusion.

The female assistant rolled her eyes, before explaining from the very start. Knowing that speaking to-the-point wouldn't work with her colleague.

"I have a friend who is a veterinarian. Poor girl was really upset, because she had to put down the two dogs who had gone crazy. They are too wild and are attacking people ruthlessly.

"We will set those dogs free in the element's room."

"Do you really think the elements won't retaliate just because they are dogs?" The main doctor asked, raising his eyebrows.

"Who cares if they do? It's not like the dogs are ours. Let the elements hurt them or even kill them, it is not our concern," the female assistant said with a shrug of her shoulders, before continuing, "Our focus should be on how much harm those dogs can create to the elements, not the other way round."

"Even if they get killed, the dogs would at least manage a few scratches on the element's bodies," the main doctor said, nodding in appreciation.

"True. The elements are only expecting us or our security. And seeing we haven't gone to them for the past three days, they must have let their guard down. The wild dogs would come as a surprise and before they manage to get out of the shock and do something, they would be already injured," the female assistant said, as she rubbed her hands, grinning evilly.

"And those injuries would be enough for the pills to work," the main doctor finished, relief coursing through his veins.

They all nodded with a smirk, as they could see their plan working out in the near future.

"Bring those dogs in. But before that let's get out of this building. If the dogs are as crazy as you claim, then we can also get hurt," the doctor ordered.

"Yes sir," the female assistant replied.

"Sir, I was thinking of asking the staff to stay in the nearby room and give us the updates. Going too near would be risky, but they would be able to hear the screams from the next room," the male assistant suggested.

"Good idea," the doctor praised, before muttering under his breath, "If only those elements hadn't broken the CCTV's—"

"Then we would have watched their entire movie with some popcorn," the female assistant completed with a sardonic chuckle, apparently having heard the doctor.

"It will soon be possible. Let them get injured once, we will watch and enjoy their reactions on the big screens as we perform one experiment after the other," the male assistant said, as the three glanced at each other with their devious and scary eyes.