61- A weirdo confession

"Avan, are you well rested now?" Gyaan questioned once Avan had woken up.

Avan rubbed his eyes, before bobbing his head in a yes.

"Awesome. You have a great role while rescuing Neer," Gyaan said, buttering him up as he knew Avan hated not being included in a mission from the earlier instances. And he worked the best when he was praised.

"Great role? What is it?" Avan came forward towards Gyaan, his small eyes sparkling with excitement.

"Managing Yara is your work. You are the only one who can control; no control isn't a right word; you are the only one who can make a friendly connection with the werewolves and stop them from attacking us.

"Yara is powerful. And except you none of the other elements can stop her from attacking us without harming her. So managing Yara is your duty."

"Yes Sir," Avan said, saluting him like a soldier, ready to perform his duty.

Nodding at Avan, Gyaan then turned towards Ahana, who had thankfully stopped avoiding him once the conversation of rescuing Neer had started.

"Ahana, you will manage Hritika," Gyaan said, earning protests from Sameera and Avan.

"Are you crazy, Gyaan? How can you even suggest that?" Sameera screeched.

"Bhaiya, you just said that we aren't going to harm them," Avan protested, "Ahana Didi's power is scariest of all. That human didi would end up getting hurt."

Although Ahana agreed with Sameera and Avan, it hurt her to know that they were this scared of her powers.

"Relax, what happened back then isn't going to happen again. Ahana herself knows how dangerous her power is, and has always used it with calculation and stability.

"Last time was an exception,  she was scared for Neer's life. The situation had come out of nowhere, but this time she knows what is going to happen and is prepared for it," Gyaan said, having full confidence in Ahana's abilities.

Ahana bit her lips, as she tried to stop her tears. The tears of gratitude for having trusted her even if she had burned him unknowingly.

"You are right," Sameera agreed, "Ahana has always used her power more carefully than any of us do. One bad incident doesn't change that. Sorry Ahana," she apologized, softly squeezing Ahana's hand.

"Don't be. It is natural to be concerned, after the distraction I caused," Ahana said, smiling through her teary eyes.

Ahana turned her head a little to wipe her eyes before they fell, and cleared her throat to get rid of any evidence of her being emotional.

"Anyways," she clapped her hands once, before proposing her idea, "I was thinking to just use my human strength instead of my powers to deal with Hritika. She is physically weaker and has literally no fighting skills. So I was thinking of not using my power unless it becomes absolutely necessary."

"That's a great idea!" Sameera and Avan exclaimed, while Gyaan kept staring at her silently.

"What?" Ahana mouthed, noticing his intense stare.

'Don't be scared of your own power, Ahana,' Gyaan said in his mind. However outside, he just shook his head at Ahana, before turning his attention towards Sameera.

"Sameera, make sure you don't overuse your power. I haven't seen you ever lose energy like us, but please be careful just in case. We don't know how much energy Neer would have left by the time we reach him. So you are going to be our back-up plan to flee from there."

"How? I can't manage to make everyone fly along with me," Sameera said, feeling bad that her power wasn't enough to make everyone fly.

"You can make objects float," Gyaan pointed out. "We are going to combine everyone's powers and float on a patch of ground. We have already done this before," he said, reminding them of the time they used this tactic to get out of the windstorm during the times of multiple disasters.