7- Disappearance of Guns

Ahana was in the chokehold again. Why? Because the girl just couldn't shut her mouth.

"It is all because of you and your stupid non-existent plan," Neer taunted.

"Yeah, yeah, all because of me. After all, I am the one who keeps aggravating the attackers. And I was the one who asked you to go near the gates, right?" Gyaan asked sarcastically, before hitting the back of Neer's head, "You twins are real headaches. Who was the one who didn't listen to my request to stay behind the bus? Huh?

"How the hell do I make a plan when all my time is wasted to look after your stupid actions??"

"Okay okay sorry," Neer said, "now stop getting angry and start thinking," Neer ordered, having the mind to move a little backwards immediately.

Rightfully so, Gyaan had raised his hand to hit the back of Neer's head again, but his hand went past in the air, not finding Neer in place. Gyaan gritted his teeth, before calming himself down. Now wasn't the time to fight.

He went ahead towards the policemen, and requested, "Please shoot as soon as the girl is out of chokehold."

"We can't do that. You just saw how fast they got her into a chokehold again. And they have guns too. One misfire and an innocent can get hurt," the officer disagreed, before asking Neer and Gyaan, "standing here is dangerous. You two should leave from here. We will keep you updated. Please go."

"But—," Neer was about to shout, but Gyaan showed his palm to him to stop, before answering to the officer, "We will stay back. Don't worry about us. We have trust in you. Please get them out."

The officer patted Gyaan's shoulder and promised to try their best.

Gyaan had to use tremendous force to pull Neer away as the latter had planted his feet firmly on the ground. He wouldn't leave his sister alone.

"Let's go. We aren't leaving. Look out, there's fence on the other side of the ground. We will try our luck from there," Gyaan whispered harshly, finally getting Neer to agree.

Before getting out, Gyaan called out to the police, "Officer! Will you attack if the guns are out of question?"

"It would be a miracle if that happens. But that seems impossible. Don't lose hope young boys, we are talking with them. We will reach a compromise and save everybody."

Nodding, Gyaan and Neer left the school premises. Rounding the whole area, they came up to the other side of the playground. This side didn't have a gate, but they could still see everything from the grille.

Gyaan was glad to see that even if Ahana was still being held by that man, she was finally out of the chokehold.

"Look up, look up, look up," Gyaan chanted as he impatiently waited for Ahana to look in their direction.

Neer closed his eyes and focussed. A few drops of water fell on Ahana's face. No one else even had a hint of what happened, but Ahana understood that it was Neer's call. She tried to turn her head as much as possible, but there were only policemen. There was no sign of Neer and Gyaan. Ahana's eyebrows furrowed in confusion, but it didn't last long as another drop fell on her right cheek. She immediately turned right and sighed when she saw them.

"Hey! Stop moving," the attacker yelled, kneeing her.

Ahana grunted, but stayed still. She waited a few seconds before slowly moving her eyes towards the boys.

Gyaan made hand gestures of guns. Ahana understood what she had to do, but she knew it wasn't enough. Even if she burned their hands and made the guns fall, they could pick them back again. And if she tried melting the gun, everyone would be alarmed. Plus her idea could go wrong and the guns might explode because of heat. There was also a chance that nothing would happen, since guns were obviously made of strong materials.

Ahana didn't know the specifics of how the gun would react to heat and she couldn't take a chance with so many kids around. She bit her lips trying to think of something.

"Why isn't she disarming them?" Neer questioned, seeing the lack of movement from Ahana even after she received the message.

"Because disarming them wouldn't be enough," Gyaan answered, "They will pick back their guns. The police will have to shoot within a second when their guns drop, or else Ahana's work would turn useless."

He came to the conclusion when he saw Ahana's frown. This wasn't going to be simple, they had to plan something else.

Ahana looked at the ground and immediately an idea formed in her mind. She was about to smile, but frowned. For the idea to work, she had to convey the idea, which was next to impossible in this situation.

Although the man was holding her, his attention was elsewhere. Thanks to the police who were trying to make a compromise and ask for the wants of attackers, they all were busy.

Using the situation to her benefit, Ahana tried moving her head without alerting the man. She looked at Neer and then at the ground, then at Neer and again at the ground. She did it three times continuously, before Neer gave her a thumbs up, indicating he understood.

"Ahana has a plan," Neer and Gyaan muttered in unison.

Neer raised his eyebrow at Gyaan who rolled his eyes, before explaining, "I was also looking at her."

Neer shook his head at him, before thinking over how to help his sister.

"It has something to do with the ground. And for that we did neer our Earth elemental," Neer summarized.

"But how will she contact him, they both are at the opposite ends," Gyaan cursed, hitting the tree nearby in frustration.

He hit the tree again, and a flower fell on his head.

Neer chuckled, "Look at what the tree is trying to convey. Giving you a flower in return for your hits. Make love not war."

"Tree is trying to convey....," Gyaan muttered.

"Yeah, I just said the quote: Make love not war," Neer repeated, thinking Gyaan was hard on hearing.

"Shut it. I heard it clear the first time," Gyaan grumbled, before turning to Ahana.

He aggressively pointed to the tree, hoping it would get the message across.

"Shit!" Neer cursed as he understood what Gyaan was thinking.

"Dude, for the first time in a while, I do agree that you are smart," Neer joked as he too started pointing towards the tree to Ahana.

"Thanks, but no thanks. I wasn't looking for your approval," Gyaan gave him a death glare, as he continued his task.

It didn't take long for Ahana to understand, and she tried to whisper in her lowest voice possible. Ahana prayed that the trees could hear the faint sound, all the while hoping that the attackers didn't pick it up.

"Please take this message to Avan. I need his help."

"Avan, Avan, Ahana needs your help," the trees called.

Avan bolted up with a shock as each and every tree in the surrounding had called him. They all tried at once as they didn't want him to miss the message.

Seeing him bolt, they all stayed quiet and let the oldest one convey the message to help.

Avan looked up at Ahana, and nodded to let her know that he got the message.

Ahana let out a heavy breath, before her mind started working. Unlike last time, there were many more attackers than just four, which caused Ahana to use up her energy wisely. Too little energy wouldn't do the work, but she could faint and cause more harm if she used too much of it.

She counted the guns and the men in her mind, before closing her eyes. Calculated energy; something that the researchers taught her when she was helping them save the world.

The masters of technology had helped polish her natural element. And now it was time for her to put it into the test.

Screams of attackers were heard, and within a second they all dropped their guns to tend to their burning hands.

Victims and the police; all were busy looking at the jumping and crying attackers that they didn't realize when the areas near the guns opened and closed.

In a blink of an eye, the ground swallowed all the guns, leaving no evidence behind.