52- Left Behind Again

"The Fire has already been extinguished."

Neer's words made Gyaan and Ahana break apart from each other. Ahana was feeling giddy but at the same time she was confused too as she hadn't really come to terms with her feelings yet.

She looked at Gyaan who was already staring at her with a warm expression. If it was a cartoon, there would definitely be hearts in the place of his eyes. However, their staring match didn't last long as Gyaan's eyes rolled back and he lost consciousness.

If it hadn't been for Ahana reacting in reflex, Gyaan would have taken a huge fall. She caught him in time, before slowly and gently letting his unconscious form lay on the floor.

It was right then when she noticed his actual condition for the first time. Her breath hitched again, but this time in horror as she noticed his burned form.

Her heart was dying out of guilt when her gaze moved around the pack house looking at the damage she had caused. She had created a disaster. And her group members were going to suffer because of her. Ahana then hurriedly looked at the other elements who had come running towards them when Gyaan had fallen.

"If there was any chance of them sparing us before, then it is gone now. I have caused enough damage that they won't seem wrong even if they kill us right on the spot," Ahana said, almost on the verge of giving up, but then she looked at Gyaan and knew she couldn't let his sacrifice go to waste.

They couldn't give up right now. No matter the outcome, they had to at least make an effort. Even if they died, they had to die trying.

"Neer, let's create a rainbow," she ordered with a sense of urgency.

Neer nodded and started the water, however no rainbow was formed. The twins looked at each other in panic, before trying yet again. When they failed again, Ahana realized that she had lost all her energy long back. The fire had only kept going because of adrenaline. Now that it was over, she wasn't even able to create a small spark, let alone manage to keep herself awake. Her eyes started drooping, and just like that Ahana fell asleep against her own will.

Hritika and Yara looked at the fallen and the other panicked elements. Yara thought of taking them to the pack doctor to see if he could help. She was about to relay the same to them. However her voice turned the situation into something else altogether.

"Listen guys—"

As soon as the elements heard Yara's voice they again got reminded of the upcoming danger.

"Sameera, bubbles!" Neer yelled, and they both created the mix of water and the air bubble around Gyaan and Ahana, just like they had done at the laboratory for the wild dogs.

The bubble flew, taking the unconscious Ahana and Gyaan inside it safely.

"Shit!" Yara cursed at what happened, before she looked at Hritika and ordered, "I will run after the bubble, while you stay here and try to stop them from doing the same thing again."

"Me?!" Hritika asked, pointing a finger towards herself, flabbergasted by the Beta's order.

It was dangerous, but Yara had no choice. The whole pack had been led far away. Even if they ran at their full speed, no one would be able to reach in time to help them out.

"You aren't fast enough to chase the bubble," Yara replied to Hritika in a hurry, while keeping an eye out to see where the bubble was flying.

"And I am strong enough to handle three elements?" Hritika muttered rhetorically.

"You are smart enough to figure out a way," Yara said, before shifting into Sachi(her wolf) and running after the bubble, leaving Hritika alone.

Seeing Yara go after the bubble, Avan tried to stop her, however he wasn't able to connect with her. All his energy had been already exhausted while trying to stop the werewolves from pouncing upon them before.

While Yara and Hritika were conversing, Sameera and Neer had been desperately trying to create another bubble, however, Neer too had exhausted himself while dousing the pack house with water.

Sameera cried in frustration. Her air bubble only worked for her. She needed Neer's help to create a stronger bubble for all three of them.

"Sameera Aunty, the strongest power of an Air elemental," Avan reminded her of what Gyaan had informed her while she was learning how to use her powers.

"The power to fly in the sky along with non-air elementals," she whispered, before joining Avan's and Neer's hands with hers.

She closed her eyes and focused with all her might. Her hopes rose when they started floating a little. However, they couldn't even cross a height of 2ft, before they landed on the ground again.

Sameera didn't give up and tried again. Neer sighed and removed his hand from her hold when it didn't work yet again.

"Neer," Sameera whispered, as she felt him removing his hand.

"We aren't as powerful as our ancestors," Neer told her, before suggesting, "I guess it is too much weight for all of us to fly together. Try it with only Avan. He is a small kid. It would be more easier to carry his small weight along with you."

"What about you?" She asked, her voice shaking.

"I will come back. I promise, don't worry and go," he said, urging them to hurry as he noticed Yara's absence and Hritika's attention turning towards them.

With a heavy heart, Sameera nodded and tried again. She took a huge breath to gather all her strength.

Tears ran down their cheeks. No, they didn't fail. Sameera and Avan were able to fly away. Yet, there was no happiness for success. How could they be happy when one of them was still in danger?

They had come back for Neer, but ultimately he was left behind once again.