28- It was all supposed to be a fiction

Neer had made it rain on the particular spot they all were standing, dousing them all and getting rid of the sweat and stench.

Ahana moved around uncomfortably as it was a little itchy.

Sameera had blow-dried their clothes along with themselves with her power later on, but it still felt uncomfortable. The clothes were now washed off, they didn't even smell, but they had been wearing them for so many days. And unlike Avan they couldn't even remove them while showering. After all, the road had its limitations.

"We could have at least removed the shirts," Gyaan grumbled, as he dealt with the same problem as Ahana.

"That would have been unfair to the ladies," Neer spoke in a slight irritated tone, before mumbling under his breath, "And I would rather die than have you undress before my sister's eyes."

"Aunty, my clothes are still half wet," Avan said with a pout, putting his t-shirt back on the stone.

"It takes time to dry, dear. And I can't even use more force or else the clothes will fly away," Sameera replied.

"Didi, can you give some warmth to them? It will also give the effect of ironing," Avan asked with hopeful eyes, as he wanted to put back his clothes now. It seemed weird standing on the road only in his underwear.

"Maybe. I am not sure, but I can try," Ahana said with a shoulder shrug.

"No no, don't do it if you are not confident. We don't have money to buy new clothes if you end up burning these ones," Gyaan said immediately.

"Oh really! Then I shall practice it on you first. Who knows if my luck is soaring and you too burn away along with clothes," Ahana said with a lopsided smile, as she took a step towards him.

"Her smile is more dangerous than her anger," Gyaan muttered, before raising his hands in surrender, shouting of his apology, "Sorry for doubting your talent, miss Excellency," he even did a small bow, exaggerating his apologeticness.

Ahana bursted out laughing at his antics, while others giggled at the scene. Gyaan too had a small smile on his face, as he was back to his original standing position.

The small happiness on everyone's faces felt like a dream that came true after a very long time.

Later Ahana closed her eyes to limit her energy and only gave out heat instead of fire. It worked in the very first try, making Ahana raise her invisible collars and look smugly at Gyaan.

"If you could do the honours on us too," Gyaan said, pointing towards their clothes.

"Are you sure about taking the risk?" Ahana asked with raised eyebrows, before laughing out when she saw his scared face, "Just kidding," she said, before moving to help each one of them.

★★★★★

They had showered, they had eaten and they had rested, and now it was time to see that telecast. Well they didn't know the exact time, but the sky had darkened, and Gyaan made a guess according to his knowledge of what time it must have been.

Donning their masks, they walked towards the shop they had seen the news before. Finding different spots, they all hid in a way that they could still see the television without coming into notice of the shop owner.

Although they were wearing masks, they all could look suspicious if the five of them went there together. They weren't even of the same age to look like friends or colleagues who went to smoke together, not to forget about the small child with them. Bringing him there was like knowingly walking into a death trap.

Ahana and Neer had hid behind the pillar of the building that was next to the building where the shop was located. Gyaan was hiding alone behind a pole, acting like he was waiting for someone, while Sameera and Avan were sitting at the nearby bus stop. Avan acted like he was playing around, so Sameera could look behind at the T.V by acting like she was keeping an eye on the child.