45- Half Brothers

Ahana, Neer and Sameera looked at each other, not sure if they should take the offer. Avan was already vouching for them, and Gyaan was ready to even take the prisoner's position. And they were offering to take them as guests.

"What is your hearing range?" Ahana asked bluntly.

"Umm...what?" The werewolves questioned in unison, bewildered by her abrupt and weird question.

"From how far can you hear the whispers? We want to discuss your offer without you hearing us," Ahana explained honestly.

"Seriously!" Vivaan huffed. He was about to ask them to forget about their offer if they were this suspicious, but Hritika spoke before he could.

"Go to the waterfall you were desperately eyeing from before. They won't be able to hear you over the sound of falls and you can possibly fulfill the reason behind you all coming over here."

"Thanks," Neer muttered and urged others to move, before the werewolves changed their minds.

"I am supposedly the Alpha of the pack," Vivaan said with a sneer, looking at the backs of the strangers who all but ran towards the waterfall.

"Supposedly? You Are the Alpha of the pack," Hritika muttered, highlighting the word 'Are'.

"Doesn't seem like it when you go ordering around, being fully aware that I was going to say something the exact opposite of what you said," Vivaan grumbled under his breath.

"You have spoken first then. How was I supposed to know that you were thinking something else? I am not a mind reader," Hritika said with a shrug, hiding her cheeky smirk.

"You," Vivaan muttered, raising his fist in frustration, before putting it down with a sigh. "Let's just wait," he muttered, with a shake of his head.

They all waited for the strangers to discuss and come fast with an answer. while the elements waited for Neer to gulp down as much water he could to gain all the energy he had lost while being their only water source.

"Any day now," Ahana muttered, tapping her foot impatiently.

"Don't over do it, or you will puke it all out," Sameera advised in a concerned voice.

"I just...I just wanted to be able to gain back enough energy until we find another water source," Neer said, coming out of the water.

"So we aren't taking the offer," Ahana concluded from his sentence.

"Why not? Even Avan is vouching for them," Gyaan said, almost on the verge of stomping his foot.

"You just want don't a repeat of last night," Neer muttered, hitting right at the spot.

"Yeah so, wouldn't it be better for all of us if that...that incident does not repeat," Gyaan said defensively, darting his eyes away from Ahana.

"What incident?" Avan asked innocently.

"Nothing, they are just being idiots," Ahana replied to them while glaring at Neer and Gyaan for bringing up that topic again.

"I think it would be okay to stay here for a while," Sameera said, bringing everyone's attention to the main topic. "They are werewolves, living in the middle of the forest; why would they care about what happened in the human world? As long as we all maintain peace with each other, I think it should be okay."

"Sameera is right. Moreover, we can even remove our masks. They probably won't have TVs and mobile phones to know about our identities," Ahana said in a hopeful tone, not knowing how wrong she was.

"Alright, if you all are positive about this then," Neer said, giving up on his stubbornness, "but, but we are going to remain alert for the entire time. That's non-negotiable."