73- Nature Out of Hiding

Hritika and Neer were talking things out when she noticed the patrol guards moving around in a frenzy. Smelling her nearby, two of them came running towards her.

"Gamma, a huge problem has occurred, and we aren't able to mindlink the Alpha and Beta. Your phone wasn't going through either" one of them informed her, looking relieved to have finally found one of the leaders.

Hritika immediately took out her phone from her pocket to check. Her eyebrows raised upon seeing so many miscalls.

"Sorry about that, I didn't realize my phone was on silent. I should have been more careful, especially when Alpha and Beta are out of the pack," Hritika apologized.

The guards looked at each other in alarm. And their looks made Hritika nervous as well.

"Have the rogues entered the pack?" Hritika asked, while her fingers moving fast to dial the numbers of pack warriors.

"Rogues?" Neer questioned, unfamiliar with the term.

"Bad wolves," Hritika answered simply, not giving out a lengthy explanation about the various categories as they didn't have time.

"Fortunately No," one of the guards answered, thanking the Moon Goddess that situation wasn't that bad, before informing Hritika, "It's just we smelled some pesky huma—"

The other guard immediately elbowed him, before he could complete the sentence. He subtly pointed towards Hritika to remind him that their Gamma was also a human. And such words could bring trouble.

Hritika rolled her eyes at their exchange, before asking them about the details.

"They must have gotten lost. Don't worry, I will deal with them," Hritika assured them, asking them to leave, before ordering, "Ask the pack members to not shift into their wolf forms until I drive those humans away."

Hritika was about to leave when Neer pulled her back, looking tense. She first looked confused at his actions but smiled when she realized he was just worried for her.

"Neer, chill. There's nothing to worry about. I will just let them know that this is a private property and they are trespassing. They would leave on their own."

"It's not that simple. Because there's no way a human can come here by mistake," Neer said, looking tense.

"What?"

"Hritika, the main reason we chose to hide here was that humans don't come this deep in the forest," Neer informed her.

"You mean...," Hritika trailed off, understanding that the humans out there had come here on purpose.

"Neer, you need to hide. Inform other elements too. Don't come out until the humans leave the place," Hritika said, worried that despite proving their innocence, someone was still out to hurt them.

"Neer, hurry. They might be here to capture you all and experiment on you," she urged, almost pushing him when he didn't move to leave.

"Don't worry about me and leave. I will handle it with the help of werewolves," she tried again, getting scared for him.

Neer sighed, putting his hands on her shoulders to stop her frenzied movements.

"Hritika, if we are in danger then the whole pack is too. You think they will leave the chance to experiment on the species who is physically so strong and can shift into an animal on their will.

"They already know about us, but werewolves are still a secret to the human kind. Let's not put the pack, heck even the entire species in danger."

"Shit!" Hritika clutched her hair, understanding Neer's point, but not knowing what to do in the situation.