Movies and Cuddles

This was suggested by AquillaIsTaken. Ty for the suggestion :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Scars POV

The warm light entered my room as I opened my blinds. My pupils shrunk from the lighting. I let out a soft groan and threw myself onto my bed. I woke up a few minutes ago and hadn't checked the time. I groggily grabbed my communicator from my nightstand and turned it on to see the chat lively and a few people who texted me individually. I let out an audible groan and threw my communicator onto my bed. I laid face first on my bed until I willed the strength to get up and start the day. I put on my clothes and fastened my corset, wincing since it felt like the piece of accessory was squishing my insides close to each other. I walked to my door and snatched my hat. I opened my door to reveal the world outside. I took a deep breath before running back inside to grab the communicator I had left on my bed. I turned on the device and scrolled through my contacts as I made my rounds around my shops. One contact that stood out to me was Grians, who hadn't messaged me in a while. I eagerly opened the contact and almost immediately started reading.

10:23 am

Grian: HEY SCAR

12:20 pm

Scar: Oh, hi, Grian!

Grian: Are you busy later?

Scar: What do you mean by "later"?

Grian: Oh, you know, like around 5 or 6 pm maybe..?

Scar: Oh, yeah. I'm free at that time!

Grian: Great! I'll meet you at five at your house!

Scar: My house?

I knew that Grian wasn't going to answer that question as the small message "seen" popped up above my original message. I let out a small sigh and shoved my communicator into one of my pant pockets. I went on with my day and finally returned to my house exhausted. I let out a sigh and checked the time to see that it was 4:30. I only had 30 minutes to get ready and rushed to my bathroom to change. I got out of the shower and started to change into more comfortable clothes but not enough to make it seem like I was wearing my pajamas. I looked back at the time and realized it was 10 minutes before five. I smiled and sat on my couch to try to guess what Grian wanted to hang out for.

Ten minutes passed, and a sharp knock on my door. I walked over to the piece of wood and threw it open. There stood a tired-looking Grian who looked like he had run here, his hair poked out of places and he held all sorts of junk.

"So, I was thinking we could do a movie night," Grian said, averting his gaze and trying to put his hand to his neck but almost dropped the popcorn he held. I merely chuckled at him and opened the door wider for him to step in. A relieved expression seemed to wash over his face as he struggled to bring all of his belongings inside. He dropped all the food in the kitchen and flopped onto the couch. I giggled and went over to sit next to his flopped-over body.

"What are we going to watch?"

"I dunno, whatever is fine with you," Grian mumbled, he closed and opened his eyes multiple times, trying to get rid of the tiredness that he felt.

I let out a small giggle and grabbed the remote to my TV. I put on a random Disney movie and shrugged when I heard the beginning start.

"What movie is it?" Grian asked while struggling to sit upright on the couch.

"Um..." I looked at the TV and saw a rat jump out of a window.

"Well, it's Ratatouille," I hummed and turn my attention back to the TV. Grian shrugged and got up to microwave some of the popcorn he brought.

He returned a few minutes later with a big bowl of steaming popcorn. I gave him a big grin as I did grabby hands to the bowl. He chuckled at my gesture and gave the bowl to me as I shoved my hand into the pit and pulled out a handful of popcorn.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Grian's POV

I felt my eyes start to drift close and then pop open again as I fought the urge to fall asleep. Scar's shoulder looked comfortable and I contemplated if I should or shouldn't lean against him. I decided that was something that future me would have to worry about and I snuggled close to his arm. He didn't seem to bat an eye at the affection, too intrigued in the movie to care enough about me. I smiled softly as I saw how happy Scar looked to be watching a rat teach other rats to cook. I let out a breathy laugh and closed my eyes. I felt my consciousness slip away from my grasp and took a deep breath and let it out. Before I knew it I had fallen asleep and snuggled up to my "friend".

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Scar's POV

I let out a yawn as the end credits began to roll. I attempted to stretch out but realized pressure on my arm. I looked to my right and saw a sleeping Grian holding onto my hand. My face immediately heated up and I desperately wanted to get out of this situation. But I also wanted to stay like this forever. I had a mental battle between waking Gri up or letting him sleep and I'll just have to suck it up. I picked the first option and tried to stand up to clean up the mess that was around. Popcorn was on the ground, blankets were thrown carelessly on the floor, and pieces of candy were all over the coffee table. I sighed softly and attempted to stand again but was held back by a half-asleep Gri.

"Gri, I gotta clean this up." I looked at my friend sympathetically as he let out a soft whine and tugged my hand closer to his chest.

"I promise I'll come back," I told him with a lop-sided smile.

"You promise..?" He croaked at me, seeming to tear up at the thought of me not coming back to cuddle him. My heart melted and profusely nodded my head. He hesitantly let go of my arm and tried to go back to sleep.

I sighed softly and grabbed all the open candy packaging all over the coffee table and floor. I grabbed a trash can and tried to put the trash into the bag as silently as possible. Picking up the big bowl of popcorn which only had a few pieces and dumbed the excess out. I put any cups and bowls into the sink and decided to clean them up tomorrow. I eventually finished cleaning and walked back to the living room to find an awake Grian waiting for me.

"Do you want to sleep in my bed?" I asked him, he nodded and held his hands up as if he wanted to be grabbed. I chuckled and picked him up bridal style and carried him into my room. I plopped him onto my bed and went to go grab clothes for my friend and me to wear to sleep. I threw him the clothes as I walked into my bathroom to change. I came back out to find him laying sound asleep on my bed. I felt my heart melt at the sight and climbed in beside him, throwing the covers over me as I snuggled into the bed. He seemed to feel the shift in weight on the bed and faced me. I opened my arms and he hurried over to me, wrapping his arms around me.

I kinda barely processed what was happening and went beet red. But soon calmed down as Grian's presence calmed me down to the point I felt tired myself. I let my eyes drift shut and wished I could stay like this forever.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

yeahhh sorry this took me forever :') My only reason is school lmao, I'll make a new one-shot tmr tho :)

Hope you enjoyed!!!

Word count: 1343