New Student? (Pt 3)

It's 1 am and I'm losing my mind, anyways enjoy </3

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No One's POV

The two hermits never separated after their first interaction, wherever one went the other always was right behind them. Grian's friends would often tease the poor boys calling them "boyfriends" or "lover birds". It didn't upset the two men only making them flustered by the comments. They both did have feelings for each other but both refused to tell each other and if they tried to the other was too oblivious to understand. That didn't matter to them though, they were madly in love with each other regardless, unless one of them got themselves a boyfriend.

It happened to be that around the age of 16 - 18 you find out who you're soulmate is. Grian was not excited like every other girl around his age group was. He already loved Scar and couldn't bare the idea of Scar not being his soulmate. He didn't have a choice but to figure out his soulmate since on any day his left eye or a piece of his hair will change color to one where he and his soulmate share. He dreaded every day, hoping not to wake up to who his soulmate was.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Grian's POV

I stretched my arm muscles as much as possible, I had just woken up and was in a sour mood as always. No one around me seemed to notice since it was because Scar always made me feel better or I was incredibly good at hiding my feelings. It didn't matter because by the time I opened my eyes I knew something was wrong. It was oddly quiet, no birds were chirping and it only creeped me out. I grabbed a change of clothes and walked into my bathroom to change. I was having some trouble pulling up my trousers like I hadn't ever done it before. That only confused me much more since I didn't struggle at all days before putting my trousers on. I started to get frustrated and let out a grunt of annoyance. I put my hand on the sink to balance myself, it helped me put on my trousers finally and I quickly zipped them up, knowing I was going to be late because of a stupid pair of jeans.

I looked up from zipping my jeans, my fluffy hair dripped over my right eye and I noticed my eye was a purple colour. I grabbed the hair that covered my left eye and noticed it was black. Dread started to seep in as I realized I now had a soulmate. A frown seemed to form on my face and my mood turned sourer and not even Scar's affection would make me feel better. I grumpily put the rest of my clothes on and stormed out of my room to grab my backpack and phone. My mum seemed to notice my mood but shrugged it off, she didn't want to annoy me any further.

I had made it to class and noticed some other kids also had gotten their soulmates and either they were looking for their significant other or they were chatting away with their soulmates. I rolled my eyes and walked to a bench where I normally met the other hermits.

I heard the sound of Mumbo and Scar talking to each other and I slightly perked up at their voices.

"Oh, hey Gri!" Scar exclaimed, clearly happy to see me. I smiled shyly at him then realized he had gotten his soulmate. It was the same colour as my eye and I gasped quietly.

"Sup Poultry Man," Mumbo said, raising his hand in a wave-like gesture. I rolled my eyes at the nickname, one of the millions I had by this point.

"So have you gotten your soulmate?" Scar asked me, I wanted to say that he was MY soulmate but I couldn't bring myself to say it. Instead, I shook my head a no. He seemed to understand and not see that my eye was the same colour as his hair, although my hair was covering the eye.