The Dance

~~

Vienna gaped at Leon in shock. If only he knew what those words were doing to her right now, he wouldn't be staring nonchalantly at the road. It was taking everything in her not to slap his face to look her way. She was mad, probably because a part of her knew Leon was only joking. Or because of the other part that knew she wouldn't kiss him because it was still too early to get over Easton. It hadn't been up to two days after their breakup.

As Leon finally turned to meet Vee's eyes, he burst into laughter. His laughter sounded so good in her ears, his dimples very prominent as he closed his eyes for a second and threw his head back on the car seat. To Vienna, it felt like he hadn't been himself since he arrived, and seeing him laugh like this.. it wasn't, surprisingly, satisfying.

She remembered the old times when they used to sit in the locker room after school, eating stolen snacks from home and laughing about the impossible things they would have done to make their day better.

"I'm just kidding Anna" he wiped an invincible tear from his eyes. "You should have seen your face right now. You were like-" he put up a horrible expression of how she had looked at him.

Vienna looked away from him and faced her window, watching how they passed the buildings in a flash. It wasn't funny. Leon thinking that his words were some joke. "Well good thing you were kidding. I'm glad you didn't want to give me one of your mouth infections." she mumbled but Leon heard her.

"What did you just say?" Leon abruptly stopped laughing and looked at her.

"Eyes on the road mister." Vee ignored still looking out the window.

"Say I have mouth infections one more time and I might just give them to you" he said, still teasing her.

"Ewww!" Vee hit his arm that was still on the wheel. But instead of Leon to be affected, she was the one wincing in pain. His hand didn't seem like it had skin on it, just a long big stick with amazing tan.

His perfectly shaped pink lips opened as sweet laughter came out from them again, seeing Vienna wincing. "I guess we'll start working out together."

Those were just simple words yet sounded so sexy. Why was she feeling like this? God help her with this man, she thought to herself as they journeyed back to her house.

They had just got home and Vienna was walking towards the door when she noticed that Leon had stopped walking behind her. She turned and saw him standing on the driveway, staring at his phone in anger. His eyes went from side to side as he stared at the screen, clutching the phone so hard like he wanted to break it.

"Leon" Vienna called walking towards him. Before she could reach to touch him, he stepped away from her. She took a step forward and he took another back. "Leon-"

"I'll be right back Anna." And without another word, he entered his car and drove speedily down the road.

Vienna continued staring until his car was out of sight. What was that about? She turned to enter into the house, but something caught her eye. Easton and Riley were at Riley's door, kissing like no one else was in the world apart from them. She looked at them in hurt and disgust and continued the walk to her door when Riley's voice stopped her.

"Vienna!" She called and she dragged Easton, both coming to meet her.

"Hello Vee" Easton greeted.

"It's Vienna to you" Vee said coldly.

"Oh come on Vee" Easton chuckled.

She looked over at Riley, waiting for her to explain why she had called her back.