The Perfect Size

~~

At the publishing house, Vee worked her ass off. She was already very tired and angry while Blake seemed to be lively. He had given her a lot of manuscripts to correct; the mistakes and errors where just everywhere and her eyes were getting tired looking at the tiny words.

The whole building was empty. It was just she and Blake, minus the few security men outside. She has tried to get Blake to give her her phone so she could atleast text Phina that she would be late. She looked outside the window at the cloudy skies and could imagine just how upset Camy would be. What about Leon?

The glass door opened and Blake came in with her phone. He had his own phone pressed against his ear and he was laughing loudly at whoever or with whomever he was talking with. He dropped her phone on her desk and without a word, walked back into his office.

Vee tapped her phone. It was already 8pm. She was also greeted with 35 missed calls in total, 2 from Leon, 14 from Phina and 19 from Camy, along with hundreds of texts. She looked angrily from her phone to Blake who was still laughing in his office. Her phone had rung countless times and he had just ignored them? What a heartless monster this guy was. She decided that she wasn't going to try to please Blake again. Leon was right, not everyone must like her. She wasn't going to tell him that, but she accepted it. Whether Blake loosened up or not, she didn't care.

She packed her things into her bag and rushed out. She didn't want the rain to meet up with her. She had just come out of the building gate when the rain started.

"Fuck no!" She cursed and looked for a place as shade.

The rain didn't even give a warning. It just started to fall heavily. She brought out her phone to call Leon but then noticed that it was dead.

How?

"God!" She groaned. She was cursing at her phone, at Blake and the rain for treating her this way. She just wanted to go to Camy's and sleep, she was extremely tired.

No cars were passing by the road and she started to wonder if it was save for her to be out by that time. She ran further away from the publishing house and found a tree to shade under. The tree had plenty of leaves so atleast they helped to keep her away from the pouring of the rain. She dropped her bag on the ground and squeezed water from her dress that now clung to her body.

Cars where coming from the opposite direction from the office. She flagged them down but none of them stopped. She was about to give up trying and just run back to the office and sleep there when a car flashed it's lights at her. She looked closely, it was Blake's car.

"Vienna!" Blake shouted over the heavy rain when he got to the tree.

Her ego got the better of her and she looked away, pretending to still be looking for a cab.

Blake honked his car and yelled her name again. "Vienna please!"

"It's fine. I'll wait for a cab!" She shouted rudely.

'Girl get in the car!' Her inner goddess sassed.

"Come on! Get in the car!"

It seemed that Blake wasn't going to leave without her but she couldn't care less. He was just pretending so he could please Leon. She knew how scary Leon could get when he was mad so maybe Blake was just scared of him.

"It's late. No cab will pass here" Blake pressed on.

'Oh so you didn't know that when you told me I would be off the clock by 8 freaking p.m!?' her subconscious was furious.