Fake Boyfriend

~~

Vienna had hurriedly left the house, leaving Leon in the hands of her parents. She had given him an apologetic and mocking smile as she walked hastily passed them. He had tried to tell her parents that Vienna was leaving but they were caught up in their own world, also making sure to hold him down each time he tried to stand. She stuck her tongue at him as he threw her a devastated puppy look and closed the door.

It was noon when Vee got to the small pastry restaurant she was supposed to meet with Phina and Camy. She looked around but couldn't find them. Phina sometimes worked shifts here because it was her uncle's restaurant but even she wasn't behind the counter. Vee was making her way towards a table when the door chimed and Phina and Camy walked to her.

"Sorry my car had issues" Camy said apologetically.

"No it didn't. You just wanted to adjust your seat in a specific way" Phina argued.

"That's what I said, issues' Camy said and sat at the table Vee was heading to.

Phina wrote down their orders and left to get it.

"Phina is such a cute workaholic" Camy snickered. "Look at the way she's moving"

Vee glanced at Phina at the counter, placing their cakes and pies in a tray.

"Speaking of work," Vee leaned closer, "Leon got me one"

"Leon? Really?" Phina asked as she placed their trays on the table and took her seat.

"Who's Leon?" Camy asked, digging into her pie.

"Do you really have bad memory Cams?" Phina rolled her eyes at her. "That guy who climbed into Vee's window on graduation night."

"Oh your new found crush"

Vienna glanced at Phina. She had already told Camy? This was serious, she didn't think Phina liked Leon that much, she thought it was a one-day crush thing.

"But to bad he's Vee's future husband" Camy said again.

"She doesn't like him that way" Phina looked at Vienna as if waiting for her concurring. Vee only nodded.

'Who are you trying to convince? Yourself or Phina?" Her subconscious came in. She was folding her arms and smirking at her.

"Aren't you going to eat Vee?" Phina asked, mouth full.

"Nah. I already ate before I came" she responded.

They seemed to expect her reply because both of them were already pulling the plate of cake to themselves. Vee shook her head at them. She wondered how they ate so much and still remained in shape, especially Phina. She knew if she ate like they did, within one week she would have lost all her figure. So she always tried to stay away from mouth-watering food.

"So about this job Leon got you.." Camy trailed off as she looked at Vienna. She and Phina had decided to share the cake, Camy taking a larger piece.

"It's at a publishing house." Vee said dryly.

"You don't seem that excited. I would be excited if Leon got me a job." Phina said.

"Well Vee doesn't know anything about publishing"

Vienna faked gasp. "Yes I do"

"Okay so what do they do there?" Camy dropped her fork for a second and placed her hand on the table.

"Well... um I'm not really doing the publishing stuff. I'm working as an assistant to the CEO."