10 ◉ Old Friends

Your acquaintance with her goes back many years. She was a cute and friendly girl back in elementary school. You, Clara, and she would play various games till the sun goes down. But someday everything changed. She wasn't your old friend anymore.

You never find out what made her this way. One day without any notice, she cut all the connections you three had. She didn't talk to you, sit beside you or even look at you when passing next to you.

And after a few days, Clara saw her with the popular girls of the school. The ones that have the most expensive pencils and the cutest shoes. At first, it didn't matter because you had Clara, and it wasn't like you to chase after someone who turned their back on you.

Everything started to go wrong on that Saturday night. You two went to her birthday party just like you always did in the past years. But this time it was not as a best friend but as her schoolmates.

It was a perfect birthday as always. The decorations and the organization were made nicely. The cake and the tower of the presents were almost even to a grown person's height. Although everything was flawless, you couldn't see your friend.

Even though she wasn't very fond of you recently you still brought her a present. And you wanted to give her in person instead of putting it on top of the present tower. Clara suggested looking for her bedroom upstairs. Maybe she is still dressing up.

When you climbed the stairs you saw her with her so-called new best friends. They were handing something to her.

"Come on, you said you would play the game. Don't be a baby." said one of the girls.

"Yeah, this is how truth or dare works. If you can't eat it you have to take the penalty." said another.

What are they talking about? What are they trying to make her eat? After looking closely it turned out she was holding her grandmother's pills. Are they crazy?! She can be poisoned because of it or even worse!

Clara went toward her and tried to take the pills away. But she didn't want to give them away so they started arguing.

"Don't listen to them. If you eat this you'll be sick and have to go hospital!" Said Clara.

"I don't care anything you say. Don't talk about my friends like that!" 'she' said.
The girls who tried to make her eat pills started to call you losers and game killers. When Clara tried to prevent her friend from getting hurt you decided to call for the mother of your friend. But one of the girls blocked you and covered your mouth so you wouldn't scream.

The argument between Clara and her started to become a fist fight and she accidentally pushed Clara down the stairs. You watched your best friend fall pretty badly and saw her head bleed. That time you felt your blood pressure rising.

There was no way she is getting out of this with a simple apology. You lost your temper and the last thing you remember was punching that ugly face of her and her mother screaming her name out.

"Heather!"

After giving it a little thought, maybe you overreached. Maybe she pushed her accidentally and regretted it afterward. Whatever her reason is, you were glad you punched her that day because such a chance would never come again.

And now she is standing in the hallway of the school and giving you that arrogant-looking expression again.

"What do you want Heather?" Clara asked sick of seeing her again. She must have seen her a lot in high school. You pitied your best friend a bit thinking that.

"Can't I just welcome my friend on the first day of the semester? You really have no manners have you, Anderson?" She asked sarcastically.

"It's nice to see you Heather, now if you'll excuse us we have to use the bathroom," you said trying to escape this weird conversation.