34 ◉ It's A Trip

Since Clara was busy flirting (?) with Isaac, you decided to eavesdrop on Stiles and Scott. Their conversation must've been more interesting than this after all.

"Yo, Scotty " Stiles snapped his beautiful fingers," Hey, yo, Scotty? Still with me?"

"Yeah, sorry. Uh, what's the word?" Scott asked, a bit zoned out.

"Anachronism." Stiles said. What's that? Some kind of spell or something?

"Something that exists out of it's normal time."

"Nice. Okay, next word...' incongruous.'" it must be nice to have Stiles as a study partner. This idea took you to a warm daydream.

You sat at your desk, surrounded by textbooks and study materials, nervously checking the time on your phone. In just a few minutes, Stiles Stilinski were going to be arriving for your planned study date, and you couldn't help but feel a flutter of excitement in your stomach.

Finally, you heard a knock at the door, and your heart raced. You took a deep breath and opened the door to reveal Stiles standing there, looking handsome and charming as ever.

"Hey there," he said, grinning at you.

"Hey," you sid, feeling a little shy but also incredibly happy to see him.

As you settle down to study together, you found that your nerves started to fade away. Stiles was just as intelligent and witty as you remember, and he was able to make even the most challenging material seem easy to understand.

"You know," he said, looking up at you with a smirk, "I think you might be smarter than me."

You laughed. "No way. You're the genius here."

As you worked through the material together, you found that your conversations has become more and more intimate.

Eventually, you took a break from studying and sat on the couch together, talking and laughing as if you've known each other for years. Well technically, you've known him ever since, but...

"You know," Stiles said, looking at you with a twinkle in his eye, "I'm having a great time with you. I don't want this night to end."

You felt your heart skip a beat. "Me too."

"It's completely incongruous that we're sitting on a bus right now, on our way to some stupid cross-country meet after what just happened... Incongruous." what? Oh, yes. They're still studying that weird words.

The bus rattled and for some reason, Scott groaned. Was he injured or something?

"Oh, buddy, you okay?" Stiles asked worryingly. "I knew it. We shouldn't have come."

"We had to. There's safety in numbers." Why would they have to? There was something going on that you didn't know but you couldn't put your fingers on it.

"Yeah, well, there's also death in numbers, okay? It's called a massacre..." Stiles stated. Sounds like it has something to do with that werewolf pack. It's a good thing you're here with them. You can help them if there occurs any attack. Even if they don't know that you're here...

They started talking more quietly. So you couldn't hear them very well.

"I can't believe he's dead..." Scott said. Wait, who's dead? Say that again! But you couldn't get who they were talking about after that.

"Keep your eyes on the horizon!" Coach yelled at the guy named Jared. And turned toward Scott after realizing his awful expression.

"McCall, not you too."