24 ◉ Do You Like Playing Chess?

Hospital rooms are truly one of the less favorite places for you. The smell, the mood, everything about the hospital makes you feel bitter. But when your dad insists on going to the hospital, you go with him. Because, what else can you do?

At least you have Stiles sitting by your side while you wait for your dad's examination to end. You were exhausted because of all the events but Stiles must've been thinking that your expression is like this due to your dad's condition. He was holding your left hand and rubbing it gently for you to calm down.

It felt so good to be with him like this so you didn't try to look strong or anything. Clara had left with her parents when they came to pick her up. They were worried sick and probably blaming you for what happened. Although, you didn't tell them about werewolves and were hoping Clara would do the same too.

After ten minutes or such the doctor came out and said your dad was okay. But they were going to keep him in hospital for a night in case anything happens. You were glad that there was nothing serious. Stiles seemed relieved by the news too. You were thankful to him for staying by your side throughout the waiting. He is indeed someone with a golden heart.

"Thank you for waiting with me Stiles, but it's getting late. You should go home, I'll stay here for tonight." you said with a smile. There was no need to be a burden to him anymore.

"It's alright, I will meet with Scott anyway. I can stay until he comes." he said and squeezed your hand. When you looked at your hands shyly, he realized what he was doing and took his hand off. He rubbed his neck and mumbled something about doing it as a reflex but you weren't listening to him anymore. Because his cuteness took you away to your daydreams.

It was a sunny day, and the lake beside you was shining as if it was made of jewelry. You and Stiles were sitting on the ground and eating your favorite snacks. Your hands were clasped to each other, silently watching the peaceful scenery together... He was telling you about his favorite movie series that you never watched before (and probably won't watch after all these spoilers). While he told you about it ambitiously, you watched his facial features like he was a work of art. At some part of the conversation, he stopped talking and looked you in the eye. With that beautiful brown eyes...

Your heart started to beat faster as he stared at you like that. His gaze slowly moved to your lips and back to your eyes again. He was calling your name quietly. But strangely enough, his lips weren't moving at all. And some weird wolf coming towards you two as you look at each other. Wait, a wolf?!

"Y/N are you all right?" Stiles asked you as he shook your shoulder slowly, waking you up from your daydreams.

"Yes, I- I'm alright. I just zoned out a bit..." you said, trying to hide your embarrassment. At that moment, you realized someone was standing in front of you. Scott McCall. When did he get here? Since when were you daydreaming? You greeted him with a tired tone. Now that he's here, Stiles was probably leaving the hospital with him. You took your bag and prepared to go to your father's room but Scott looked at you as if he wanted to say something. You gave him a confused look and asked if everything was okay. He then glanced over at Stiles, who was shaking his head as a no, and looked back at you.

"Actually, I was going to ask you to go somewhere with me..." he said a bit uncomfortably. He then added " Wi- with us." pointed to himself and Stiles.

"I don't know, you know I should probably stay with my father here." you were curious about what he was about to say. But a part of you was afraid for it to be something about Derek. What is his connection with Scott and the others?

"It's pretty close to here. I'll give you a drive so you won't be out for long." He said insistingly. What could be this urgent? It's suspicious.

"For the record, I'm the guy with the car so I'll be the one to give a drive." said Stiles to his friend. Their dynamic was cute. That's right, Stiles will be there too. It shouldn't be anything too dangerous then. At least you hoped so.