42 ◉ Behind The Fireplace

As you both carefully explored the lobby, your eyes fell upon a small pouch of powder tucked away on a shelf. Recognition dawned upon you - it was the floo powder you'd seen during your earlier conversation with the receptionist. A hunch told you that this might be the key to your escape. Turning to Stiles, you whispered, "I think I've got a way out. That powder can help us teleport through fireplace. We're getting out of here."

Stiles looked at the pouch and then back at you, his curiosity piqued. "Teleportation powder? Seriously?"

You nodded, your heart racing. "Yeah, I've seen it before. If we use it right, we can get out of here, and maybe even help others trapped here."

Stiles' eyes widened in surprise and excitement. "Seriously? That's amazing!" he exclaimed, a grin tugging at his lips. "You always manage to find a way."

As you held the powder, ready to use it, the unexpected happened. The receptionist entered the room. Your eyes met, and you felt a surge of fear as she began to cast a spell, her intentions clear.

In that crucial moment, you acted swiftly. With a quick, determined thought, you took the powder and threw it into the fireplace. You made eye contact with Stiles. "Hold on tight," you said urgently. "We're using this now."***

Stiles' eyes widened as he realized what you meant. "Wait, teleporting? Together?"

With a nod, you whispered the first place that came to your mind.

"What? Grandma old?!" Stiles asked as he didn't quite catch the words.

The room erupted in a brilliant burst of fireworks, blindingly bright. In that fleeting moment, you felt a surge of adrenaline as the floo magic whisked you away.

Just as the receptionist's spell was about to reach you, you vanished in a flash of light and sound, leaving behind a startled and frustrated enemy

You reappeared in a new location, your heart racing. Stiles stood beside you, his eyes wide with amazement. "You did it," he breathed, a mixture of surprise and pride in his voice.

You managed a tired smile, the weight of your escape slowly sinking in. "We did it"

After that, everything turned black.

●●●

Your unconscious state sent Stiles into a panic. He was already on edge due to the unknown location, and your sudden fainting only heightened his concern.

"Hey, wake up," Stiles pleaded softly, his voice tinged with panic. He brushed your hair back from your forehead, his eyes searching for any sign of your awakening. But you remained still.

Just as his worry peaked, the atmosphere in the room shifted. Three people entered the room, their wands held in readiness. Seeing you lying unconscious made their expressions tense with worry.

The tall man with long, black hair and grey eyes, his voice stern yet tinged with concern, addressed Stiles. "Who are you, and what have you done to this girl?"

Stiles' eyes widened in disbelief and anxiety. He wasn't only clueless about this place but also about the people who had suddenly appeared.

"Yeah, because kidnapping people is my favorite pastime."

The man that seemed like he was in his mid-30s and had light-brown hair exchanged a worried glance with the other one, his expression serious. "We don't take kindly to intruders. Explain yourself."

Stiles swallowed hard, feeling the weight of their suspicion. "Look, I'm not an intruder, alright? I... uh, she brought us here. We needed help."

The boy with glasses and a scar on his forehead fixed his gaze on Stiles, his expression cautious. "Brought you here? Who are you? And where is 'here' exactly to you?"

Stiles ran a hand through his hair, his nerves getting the best of him. "I'm Stiles. And 'here'... well, that's a bit of a mystery to me too."

The trio exchanged cautious glances, their wands still in hand. Stiles' unease deepened; being questioned by people who seemed to know you in a strange place was nerve-wracking.

The first man arched an eyebrow, his tone suspicious. "Stiles, is it? And why did you bring her here?"

Stiles felt a mixture of frustration and fear. "Look, I didn't exactly plan on her to pass out as soon as we got here. But she needs help, okay? She was tortured by an evil witch and I don't even know where 'here' is."

The tired-looking man studied Stiles carefully

The tired-looking man studied Stiles carefully. "You have some explaining to do. She's important to us, and we won't let any harm come to her."

Stiles nodded frantically, his anxiety obvious. "I swear, I didn't mean any harm. I just... I need to get her back to consciousness. She probably knows you guys, she was the one who brought us here. You've got to believe me."

Then, a woman with colorful hair and a baby in her arms entered the room.
"Why are you harassing the poor thing? Since Y/N brought him with her, he must be someone important to her."

"But Dora, it could be that he is the one who brought her here as bait. We know that some of the death eaters still planning revenge for their master's death." The tired-looking man spoke.

"We can make him drink a truth serum." The guy with glasses suggested.

And this is how everything started to get worse.

*** I'm aware that floo powder is meant to be used per person. But for the sake of the plot, I had to overlook this fact.