21 ◉ Little Red Riding Hood

It's quite surprising how this town manages to keep calm after all these murders. The students get scared for a moment but after a day or two, they forget about it and return to their usual lives. Since Clara wasn't aware of the werewolf issue, you filled her in. In your information, there were two werewolves in here. Although, you were suspicious of the middle-aged man you saw in the woods, the one who discovered that you are a witch.

"We can't let werewolves roaming around in the town! We have to tell this to the Ministry of Magic or whatever its name is in America

"We can't let werewolves roaming around in the town! We have to tell this to the Ministry of Magic or whatever its name is in America." Clara said.

"I know you're worried about your loved ones but I don't think the whole existence of the werewolves is a crime. And we don't have proof that they harmed any muggles." you stated.

"Well, there've been mysterious animal attacks in here for a year."

"And again, we don't have proof it's them." you said.

"So we won't do anything about a werewolf knowing you're a witch?" she asked. She had a point, you had to do something about it. That man might lead the other werewolves to you.

You asked Clara to drive you home so you can grab something before heading out. She had a little concern about what you meant by heading out, but she didn't question you since she was a good friend. You took some wolfsbane and mountain ash. You were thankful to Prof. Lupin for his lessons about werewolves. It became handy in this situation. And you were planning to use the only thing that Gilderoy Lockhart taught you. Obliviate...

●●●

"So, you're telling me we're walking into the woods, in hopes of finding a potential werewolf that tried to kill you once, and knows your secret now?" Clara asked as she walked beside you.

"Yep." you answered her while looking around to see if there is someone here.

"Not to mention you got attacked by a serial sacrificial killer in this very spot." she said, where did she get all this sarcasm from?

"Yes, and talking all the way doesn't help us to find a creature with supernatural hearing abilities." you said.

"One more thing, why didn't you cast the damn Memory spell on him in the first place?!"

"I panicked okay?! It was an unexpected situation!" you said, slightly loudly.

"There there, would you look at that..." you heard someone's voice from behind. As you turn around the twin werewolves were standing there, smirking.

"We were looking for someone else but..." one of them spoke.

"But you'll do well too." the other one said as he show his claws. You gave Clara a sign for her to run. But before she got it, one of the twins attacked her. She gave out a scream but managed to inject the wolfsbane into him. He cried in pain as he backed out.

The other twin was a bit more clever since he grabbed your hands and put one of his claws on your throat. Clara was standing there with her wand in her hand. Not knowing what to do, since the wolf was using you as a shield.

"Now now, looks like Tinker Bell can't use her magic powder on wolves, right Ethan?" the one Clara wolfsbained talked as he stood up. This thing is getting worse by any second.

"I'm going to ask this once and you'll answer me honestly. Which one of you was the one that attacked us the other night?" Ethan asked.

"It was most likely a self-defense actually." you said. Ethan's claws were pricking your skin as you talk.

The twins looked at you first and then at each other. Aiden was about to say something but he was interrupted by a gunshot. It was your father. The bullet hit Ethan's claw. You used this opportunity to escape. Clara followed you and you two got in the car while your father continued to shoot the wolves. He drove away as fast as possible.

"そこで何をしていたと思えるのか?! (What do you think you were doing there?!)" Oh, great. He's angry enough to scold you in Japanese.

"I'm sorry dad but there was-" he interrupted you and continued his yelling. His face was all red because of the anger.

"You could've gotten yourselves killed there! What good reason could be there for that?!" he was shouting and driving so fast since you were getting chased by two werewolves.

"Dad I know, but please listen to me-"

"WATCH OUT!!!"

Clara shouted, pointing to the man standing in the middle of the road. Your dad couldn't stop yet he couldn't risk hitting someone with car so he jerked the wheel to right and everything was black after that...

●●●

"Why would I trust you?" Derek asked as he was looking at the man in front of him. The man that tried to kill him and his friends a few times already.

"There is no reason actually. But I think at times like this, people should stick together to defeat the common enemy." the blind alpha said. There was a joyful and mysterious tone in his voice.

"What makes you so sure that they're our enemy? Last time I checked there were no werewolf sacrifices. And you clearly don't care about the town citizens." what was this old man planning? Derek had to know this.

"I understand that you're suspicious of my sincerity, but I assure you that there is no ulterior motive in what I offer you. Help me find the witch, and I'll leave you and your pack alone." his voice had that tone again.

Although Derek didn't believe anything he said, this could be a good deal. Deucalion was a man of his word after all. But the thing that bothered him was, why was he so desperate to find the witch? This could never be for a good reason.

"I'll look what I can." he said.

"I suggest you start with the woods. What you can find in there may be surprising..." Deucalion said as he took his leave.