26 ◉ The Change

"It's another dead end then." Lydia said, crossing her arms and looking at the ceiling. Allison looked at her friend and then at Scott. It was as if he had something to say.

"Is everything okay?" Allison asked her ex-boyfriend, whom she still couldn't take her eyes off somehow.

"She lied."

Isaac said when Scott was thinking about how to say it. His eyes were full of disappointment. Even if it was because of the potion, he still loved her at some point. And when she lied while looking into their eyes, his heart shattered into pieces.

 And when she lied while looking into their eyes, his heart shattered into pieces

Everyone's eyes widened since they weren't expecting this turn of events. How could've she been lying without anyone noticing?!

"Are you sure?" Deaton asked. He couldn't believe it either. They didn't know that teenage girl has a talent for acting. Spending time with a metamorphmagus friend and two mischievous twin brother figures made her develop this talent. Yet it wasn't working as she wanted. For example, she wasn't able to use it on her mother. They didn't know this fact, obviously. So their confusion was understandable.

"That's right. She did." All eyes turned toward the man who just entered the room. If even he, who was in the next room noticed that, she must've been lying then.

"Should we warn Stiles?" Allison asked.

"I don't think she will harm him." Scott said, receiving a grumpy stare from the alpha.

"I don't think she'll harm anyone." Derek said as he straightened his back, crossing his arms. He was staring directly at Deaton.

"What are you implying?" Deaton spoke out.

"There's no way she's a witch." Derek continued.

"And how are you so sure about that?" Lydia asked. Derek's eyebrows twitched. He wasn't very fond of this girl ever since she caused his uncle to come back.

 He wasn't very fond of this girl ever since she caused his uncle to come back

"I know it. I have reasons." Derek stated. He didn't want to explain to them the accident he was involved in. More like the accident he caused.

"And is that reasons called hormones?" Deaton asked. He didn't want Derek to get too close to another person who'll use him and break his heart. He was the son of the person who was very dear to Deaton after all. That's why he wanted to protect him.