25 ◉ Why Do People Lie?

Scott McCall and his friends are somewhat suspicious. Whenever there is a mysterious case or a strange person around, they're always involved. And Derek being a werewolf is proving your suspicions. That's why at the hospital's bathroom Clara and you made a plan.

Somehow or another they'll question you. I'll be either for Isaac's situation -which you suspect that he ate that love potion Clara prepared for Stiles- or Derek's. Yet, you knew it won't be easy for them to ask you about Derek since that'll put them in a weird situation where they need to explain all the werewolf things.

In the end, you came up with a plan if they ask you about the love potion. It wouldn't be weird for them to know about witchcraft. So they might've realized the situation at this point. And if they question you to learn whether you're a witch or not, you'll have to come up with something that'll convince them that you're not. And when their suspicions cleared, it'll be your turn to investigate what's going on there. Even though you love Stiles for a long time if he's the thing you're afraid of, you'll have to make a choice...

You averted your gaze and out a nervous expression. They looked at each other with suspicious eyes. They must've been thinking that you'll confess for everything and accept that you made Isaac eat the love potion. Some of them were giving Stiles a look that says 'I told you.' Stiles was looking at you with a concerned expression. He was about to believe that his friends were right from the beginning.

"If there is something that you know about it please tell us. We just want to help our friend." Scott said with a soft tone. You gave him an unsure look. Like you weren't comfortable about all this conversation.

"We didn't want any harm. It was supposed to be a joke..." you mumbled as you grabbed your elbow with your hand. To your surprise, the bald man -who you guessed as Scott's boss- joined the conversation.

"Can you give more detail if possible? It would be a great help for us to know what happened to him so we would proceed with the treatment." It's probably a big lie since Isaac looks much finer. They must've given him an antidote or he would've gone crazy like what happened to Ron when he accidentally ate the love potion that was prepared for Harry. These people just want to find the witch, that's all.

"We went shopping with Clara some time ago. And there was an interesting store there, it was filled with mysterious pieces of jewelry, a weird fragrance, and lots of astrological stuff. There was an old lady who claimed to be a fortune teller. Clara talked to her and she said some things about her love life. In the end, she gave her a liquid and said that was a love potion. Of course, we didn't believe her but Clara thought it would be fun to try this on someone. Yet she must've done something wrong since Isaac didn't fall in love with her." In the last sentence, you looked at Isaac from the corner of your eye and averted your eyes immediately. "I swear we didn't know that it'll work. Otherwise, we would never do such a thing!" Your eyes watered and your voice trembled. You're getting better and better at this acting thing. Maybe that'll be your career in the future.

After a moment of thinking that bald man spoke out again. "Do you remember where this store is?"

"That's the weirdest part. When we saw how unusual Isaac was behaving, we went to that store but couldn't find it. It was as if it wasn't there from the beginning." You were telling all of this as if you think they wouldn't believe you, always looking at the floor. "We were so scared and confused but there wasn't anything we could do so-" someone patted your shoulder softly. When you looked up you saw it was Stiles.

"It was a hard day for you, would you like me to take you to the hospital?" His eyes were filled with concern and a bit of guilt

"It was a hard day for you, would you like me to take you to the hospital?" His eyes were filled with concern and a bit of guilt. You felt bad for lying to him and making him feel bad but in this situation, you couldn't let your feelings get the best of you. Or things could get worse. Since you don't know whether or not they're related to the witch who killed all those people.

"Thank you but I'm all right. I want to help as best I can. If there is anything I can do..." you said those words while looking at the bald man. He seemed a wise person and someone hard to deceive. At the same time, one who knows most things about all these murders. You needed to stay in contact with him somehow.

"You've helped a lot by telling us the real story. Thanks to you we'll be able to help Isaac." Scott's boss said with a warm smile. But he didn't realize he had a gap in his response. One that allows you to ask a critical question.

"So do you believe that witches are real?"

Everyone stood there with their eyes wide open. Seems like they weren't expecting you to ask any questions. That you wouldn't want to dig up this matter any further. But here you go, ask them something you know the answer but don't want them to realize you do.

"I'm sorry you found the truth this way but... They are real. And you should look out for yourself. She might come after you and your friend since you got in contact with her once." He explained carefully. You nodded uneasily and walked out with Stiles.

The thing you didn't realize is, werewolves can detect lies. But you didn't know there were any of them in the room... Three of them to be exact, with Derek hiding in the other room throughout the whole conversation...