32 ◉ Trust And Honesty

Derek, Stiles, and Isaac were gathered in the loft, deep in discussion. They had just found out that Y/N was a witch, and they were unsure of how to proceed.

"I don't like this," Isaac said, pacing back and forth. "What if she's the witch behind the sacrifices? We don't know anything about her, unfortunately." he had a sorrowful expression.

Scott nodded, his brow furrowed in concern

"Yeah, and what if she's working with our enemies?" he said. "We can't just trust her blindly."

Derek was silent, his expression unreadable. He knew that Y/N had saved him from the alphas, but he couldn't shake the feeling of unease that lingered in his gut.

"I agree that we need to be careful," he said finally. "But we also can't jump to conclusions. We need to find out more about her and her abilities before we make any judgments."

Isaac shook his head, his frustration was evident.

"But how are we supposed to do that?" he said. "We can't just ask her. She might lie to us, again"

Stiles shrugged, his mind working quickly.

"What about Lydia?" he said. "She's good at uncovering secrets. Maybe she can help us find out more about Y/N."

Derek nodded, seeing the merit in Stiles' suggestion. Also wanting to get rid of decision-making responsibly.

"That's a good idea," he said. "We'll talk to Lydia tomorrow and see what she can find out."

Scott and Stiles exchanged a glance, still uncertain, but willing to trust Derek's judgment.

"Okay," Scott said reluctantly. "But if anything goes wrong, we're going to have to take matters into our own hands."

Derek didn't reply, but the look in his eyes told them that he understood. They were all fighting for the people they cherish, and they couldn't afford to make mistakes.

●●●

The next day, Scott and Stiles approached Lydia at school and filled her in on the situation with Y/N. Lydia listened intently, her eyes narrowing in concern.

"I'll see what I can find out," she said, her voice determined. "But it might take me a while to dig up anything useful. I will ask Allison for help too. Maybe her family is more familiar with witches since they have a supernatural history."

The boys nodded, grateful for her help.
"Thanks, Lydia," Stiles said. "We really appreciate it."

Lydia smiled tightly, her expression serious.

"I know you do," she said. "But just be careful, okay? Y/N might not be the only one hiding secrets."

With that, she turned and walked away, leaving Scott and Stiles to wonder what other dangers lurked in the shadows. When she entered the school building, there was someone waiting for her. Someone she would never expect.

●●●

When you went to school after a day of absence -you didn't feel like getting educated that day- you were finally in front of your closet. When you took your books and closed it, there was waiting your best friend with a huge grin. That made you jump in surprise.

"Clara what are you doing?!"

She was happier than she normally was. And considering the last events, it was quite extraordinary.

"You should thank this friend of yours y'know." she said, pointing out herself. "She solved the problem for you."

"What are you-"

"What are you-"

"Just be ready tomorrow, we're going on a little trip with you." she said as she walked away. Normally, you'd go after her and ask her what she meant and did. But now you had enough to think about so you just let it go.

You felt a lump form in your throat as Stiles approached you in the hallway. You had just confessed to Derek about your powers as a witch, and you knew he must have told Stiles by now.

"Hey, Y/N," he said with a gentle smile. "How are you doing?"

You returned his smile hesitantly. "I'm okay, Stiles. How about you?"

Stiles shrugged. "I'm good. Listen, Y/N, I wanted to talk to you about something. Derek told me about your..." He looked around if someone can hear him and whispered "...powers."

Your expression turned serious, and you braced yourself for Stiles' reaction. "Oh, really?"

Stiles nodded. "Yeah. And I have to admit, it's a little weird for me. I mean, I've heard stories about witches and stuff, but I never really believed it until now. But since werewolves are real, this too..." He glanced at you to see your reaction about werewolves. Whether or not you saw them for the first time.

You took a deep breath, trying to stay calm. "I know it's hard to understand, Stiles. But I'm not a bad person. I just have these abilities and..." You decided not to talk about being a witch is not that weird and there is even a government for the wizarding world.

Stiles looked at you thoughtfully. "I believe you, Y/N. I do. But you have to understand, my friends and I have been through a lot lately. We're just trying to be careful, you know?" He had that cute expression on him again.

You nodded, feeling grateful that Stiles was trying to be understanding. "I know, Stiles. And I don't blame you for being cautious. But I promise you, I'm not involved in anything bad. I just want to live a normal life like everyone else."

Stiles smiled at you reassuringly. "I know you do, Y/N. And I'll do what I can to help you. But if anything weird happens, anything at all, you have to tell me, okay?"

You nodded, feeling a sense of relief wash over you. "Okay, Stiles. I will. Thank you for believing me."

Stiles gave you a warm smile before heading off to his next class, leaving you feeling a little more hopeful about the future.