Flight

We're leaving for the fansign tour late tonight, but the date that Changbin promised me is also supposed to be today. He reserved our private tour at the museum before the trip was even announced, so he refused to cancel our date. I think about his reason for planning this date; how he said he was trying to create a special moment to tell me that he loves me.  I smile to myself because that means he started loving me way before I confessed to him.

I've just finished getting dressed when I get the text from Changbin that tells me he's in a car outside my apartment. When I step out of the lobby, I see the car parked right on the street as expected. What I didn't expect was the paparazzi.

There are two cars parked behind the car that's here to pick me up. And though I wasn't bombarded, I certainly wasn't prepared for the two men that immediately started snapping pictures of me as I exited my apartment.

The driver of our car stands his ground at the backseat, ready to help me get into the car while also shielding Changbin from the photographs.

"It's okay, Miss Sage." The driver beckons me to him after he sees me freeze, not knowing how to proceed.

I've never been more thankful for tinted windows than I am when I slide into the backseat next to Changbin. He grips my hand the moment I'm close enough.

"They must have followed us from the dorm." He explains. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah! Just a little weird to have it happen for the first time." I assure him with a smile.

"We'll have to be careful today." The driver says as he gets back into the car himself.

"They must think I'm with you if they followed you from the dorm." I whisper to Changbin, thinking back to the vlive incident.

"They might have their suspicions, but they haven't seen who else is in the car."

I nod and sink down in my seat, trying to minimize myself from any further photos. Changbin seems confident in his safety, using his body to protect me instead of himself.

The cars have followed us to the museum as well. I watch as people start to surround our car and try to peer in through the windows. Changbin must notice my anxiety because he pulls me to him tighter.

"Don't worry, there's a private entrance."

His words calm me for a moment until I catch glimpse of someone that looks so familiar. His ashy blonde hair stands out in the group of people and he's walking with a gait that I immediately recognize. I feel a knot start to form in my stomach.

There's no way...

I crane my neck around the driver's seat to try to get a better look while still staying out of view. He's moving with the crowd in a way that makes it hard to see him.

How could Dylan be here? How would he know how to find me?

My heart is racing as I keep my eyes glued to him. I watch the back of his head as he navigates through the group of people around our car, and it's hard to tell if he's trying to get close to us or if he's simply trying to get through the crowd. I never get a chance to see his face to confirm his identity before he shuffles through and disappears.

I didn't realize that I was holding my breath until I take a sharp inhale after watching him leave.

"What's wrong?" Changbin asks me worriedly.

I loosen my hands that had been unknowingly gripping his arm and lie. "Nothing."

"Baby." He says sternly, knowing me well enough to know I'm holding back. I already know that I can't lie to him.