Comfortable

Changbin makes it so easy to be in a relationship. It's only been a few months since we made things official, so we're still in the 'honeymoon phase' of course. But ever since we decided not to fight our feelings anymore, it's been nothing but fun spending time with him and the others.

I'm getting into bed when I hear the familiar sound of my phone alerting me to a text, the same text that I get every night.

Changbin 11:20pm- Goodnight, Baby!

I smile immediately upon reading the message from my boyfriend. He doesn't call me pet names often. He prefers to use my real name, always adding a tone of adoration and sentiment when it leaves his lips, making it sound special. But every night when he sends me a goodnight text, and sometimes when he's feeling extra affectionate, I get to be Baby. As common as it is, there's a sense of possessiveness attached to the name that drives me wild. Everyone calls me Sage, but only he calls me Baby.

I quickly send him a reply before I set my phone down on the wireless charger that's on my nightstand. Although I'm safely tucked into bed under my comforter, my mind is full with thoughts of happiness and contentment. In order to make room in my head for sleep, I create a mental list to 'jot down' all of the things that have been going well since Changbin and I started dating.

1. Minho and I are finally getting along.

The morning after the arcade, Changbin gathered his friends around the breakfast table to let them all know that we were officially dating. The announcement was met with an eruption of approval and congratulations. Lily, who had also stayed the night with Seungmin, wrapped me up in a hug that told me she was so happy for me.

When I looked to Minho, he willingly met my eyes and nodded with pursed lips. Maybe it was the fact that Changbin called him out the night before, or maybe it was the fact that his attempts of keeping us apart failed. I'm not sure if I would have called it acceptance, but whatever the reason, it finally looked like Minho didn't have anything negative to say for once.

When there was no chance of avoiding me, somewhere down the line Minho decided I was worth talking to. It started with greetings. He actually began to say hello to me when the others would, and instead of just leaving silently like before, now I got proper goodbyes. Then he began including me in conversations. If I spoke up while the whole group was talking, he would actually listen to me instead of rolling his eyes. Sometimes he would agree with what I said, or follow up with a similar story of his own.

I was especially surprised when he started going out of his way to include me. When I would visit the dorm, he would ask me if I had eaten yet. If I said no, he'd personally fix me a serving of whatever they had eaten, and then ask me afterwards if I ate well. Sometimes at work, he would run over to me for touch ups on his makeup, even if Heather was the one that styled him that day.

Finally, he apologized for his previous actions. We were all hanging out at their dorm one night, just goofing off and playing games. I stepped out onto the balcony for some fresh air and Minho followed me. He leaned over the railing, turning his back to me and instead looking down at the street below.

"It wasn't fair for me to judge you and treat you like I did." He said without warning.

"Oh?" I challenged him to continue.

"You're obviously a good match for Changbin. He's always so happy whenever you're around. I'm sorry that I let my insecurities about the past stop me from seeing that."

"Minho," I sternly called his name, forcing him to turn around and look at me. "I would never hurt Changbin like that. Ever."