6 Fresh start?

Addison POV

"Well come on in then. I still have some furniture here, but if you don't like it, I can have it removed, of course," I said a little nervously as me and Adam got out of the elevator and I unlocked the door to my old home.

During the last few days, we had talked to each other on the phone from time to time and also sent messages. That did not escape my little sister, of course. Which led her to tease me more and more because of him. But for what she implied I had too much going on.

It still felt strange to return here and see it more or less empty. This was the place I had bought from my first big check from my earnings with Blake Beauty. Somehow it had felt like growing up back then. But now that I was responsible not only for me but for Cori, I was really growing up. As silly as that might sound at my age.

"Wow, this is amazing! And so huge..." said Adam as he looked around the large open space.

"I know. It seems really big without most of the furniture. It's about 1300 square feet total. With an open kitchen, of course, bathroom with a jacuzzi tub, and its own laundry room with washer and dryer. Next to it is the walk-in closet.

And then, of course, the spacious living area with views of Lake Eola. I always had the sleeping area curtained off. Of course, you don't have to do it that way, but I thought it was quite nice." I said as we moved side by side through the apartment.

"I'm totally overwhelmed right now. This is such a beautiful place. Are you sure you want to rent it out?" Adam asked as he first looked out the window and then turned back to me.

"I am. I really should have done it a long time ago. Maybe I should have sold it even, but somehow I couldn't. What do you think? Could you be comfortable here?" I replied.

"I guess so, but I just feel that you're attached to it. Maybe you'd better not do it," Adam then said.

"You're right. But I don't need this apartment. You do. And if I can help, then I'm happy. For me, the house where I live with my sister is the right place. It's the best for her," I replied as it was now me looking out the window.

"And what is best for you Addie?" he asked unexpectedly.

"I hope to figure that out eventually. But right now I have enough other things on my plate. I need to find a new school for Cori. And then I have 2 new launches of my brand in January. As well as a lot of little things that go along with the company. But I don't want to complain. I've worked hard to be where I am now," I explained to him.

"You are allowed to be proud of everything you have accomplished Addison. You deserve it. And you taking care of your sister on top of that is definitely not easy." he replied.

"It isn't but I wanted it this way. You know... I just wanted Cori to have it easier. Our mom was never responsible... In no way, shape, or form. And our dads were never in the picture. Mom went from rehab to rehab... for different things. Growing up, I spent a lot of time with my aunt and cousins. Corinne did, too, at first. But when our aunt died, that safe haven disappeared. Mom had another relapse. That's why I took Cori to live with me. To support her unlike Mom.

It took a while to come to terms with the new circumstances, but now we seem to be at a point where we can manage to be a family. Cori and me. That's enough. Sorry I babbled. I don't know why that just burst out of me," I said, only then noticing a tear running down my cheek.

"Hey... it's okay! I'm sure you guys make a great team. I can relate to what it's like to have a parent who doesn't support you. My dad never supported me in my dream to become a wrestler.

But you know what? You showed the world what you can do without their help. So did I. So at least we have that in common. Although you are 100 times more successful than me. Otherwise you wouldn't get an award," Adam said to distract me a little.

"Cori shouldn't have mentioned that, and I definitely shouldn't have told you that when we talked on the phone. It's not a big deal. I just play with make up and skin care. I didn't win a Nobel Prize," I said.

"Don't talk down your success, Addie! I know it may not be rocket science, but you help people feel more beautiful. Through your products, they build their self-esteem. You make people happy. And that's worth a lot in this shitty world we live in," he replied firmly.

"Thank you... that's nice to hear. But back to our real topic.... Have you found your home?" I asked after clearing my throat.

"I think I did. Nothing like a fresh start, right?" he replied with a smirk.