9 Surprise!

Addison POV

As I stood in the bathroom of my hotel room getting ready for the day, I heard my cell phone start to ring in the other room. I quickly went over and answered it. It was Cori. I was slightly surprised that she was already awake. She usually liked to sleep in on the weekends and hated being woken up before 10.

"Hi Cori. How are you doing sweetie? Up so early?" I said.

"Good morning. Yes, I wanted to hear how you are. Did you get any sleep?" she asked.

"Well... sort of. I've been better. I'm still nervous as hell," I replied.

"I'm sorry about that. But I think I have an idea that will make you feel a lot better." Corinne then said and I heard that she was holding back a giggle.

"What do you mean?" I wanted to know, but at that moment there was a knock on the door.

"This is a little surprise for you. Have fun. I love you." she said and hung up before I had a chance to say anything back.

I put the phone aside and opened the door, slightly confused. I didn't know what I was expecting, but it certainly wasn't the person who was now standing in front of me with a big grin.

"Surprise!" said Adam.

"How.... what? But... Adam what are you doing here?" I asked.

And though I was confused, I was also so relieved to see his face. Without thinking, I threw my arms around him and buried my face in the hollow of his neck. Relief flooded through me as I sighed deeply.

"Well, I'm here to support you. I called Cori and had her tell me what hotel to be at and what room. I made a reservation for a room. Then I booked the first flight to New York to be with you," he explained in a low voice as he hugged me tightly.

"I can't believe this. Thank you. That means so much to me." I sniffled as I felt the tears welling up inside me again, only this time they weren't triggered by anxiety.

"Hey... shhh... Don't cry. It's okay." Adam whispered soothingly.

"Sorry... I'm a little all over the place right now. Come on in." I said when I got myself under control.

"How are you feeling? You don't look like you've slept much." He asked when we were in the room and he looked at me very closely. Carefully, he brushed a strand of hair from my face and then put his warm hand to my cheek.

"Right now I'm feeling much better. But I have to admit that I'm damn tired. Luckily it's still a while until I have to get ready." I replied while enjoying his warmth on my skin.

"What do you think about a nap?" wanted Adam to know.

"Only if I get to cuddle with you," I said a little surprised at myself.

"Come on, then. Rest up for your big moment." he replied with a smile.

Together we lay down in bed and I rested my head on his chest. While I listened to his heartbeat, Adam slowly stroked my back. And so it wasn't long before my eyes grew heavy and, after a blissful sigh, I slowly drifted off to sleep. The last thing I noticed was that Adam gave me a feather-light kiss on the forehead.

---------------

"I'm ready. How do I look?" I asked as I came out of the bathroom to present myself to Adam in my new dress.

He had of course been ready much sooner than I was and had then come back to my room. I saw him get up from the bed in his suit, which fitted him perfectly. I think I was right in assuming that he liked my look, because his mouth was hanging open.

"Wow! Addie, you're... Wow! So beautiful!" he said.

"Thank you. I'm glad you like it. You look really handsome, too." I replied shyly.

"Forget about me. You're important. And damn! You're going to steal the show from everyone else." he said as he walked over to me and carefully took my hands in his. Adam lifted my hands to his face and pressed a kiss to the back of my hand.

"I'd really like to kiss you right now, but I know I can't ruin your makeup," he sighed, a little disappointed.

I felt the same way, but I couldn't deny that he was right. Even if it was really hard for me.

"Maybe you could keep that in mind for later..." I suggested softly.