27 A wonderful way

Adam POV

Today was the big day. A day I never expected to have. Today Addie and I would officially become family. Although it could hardly get more official. I knew pretty quickly that this woman was what I had always been looking for.

Nervously, I straightened my tie while taking one last look in the mirror. Not that it mattered. No one would pay attention to me today except Addison. But for her alone, I wanted to look my best.

When I was satisfied, I took the bouquet in my hand and made my way to my bride. I took another deep breath before knocking on the door that separated me from my beloved.

Slowly the door opened, almost like slow motion, revealing a glowing, happy Addie. Immediately, a proud, love-struck smile spread across my face. 

"You look perfect, Addie." I said softly after a few moments when I had regained my composure.

I reached out my free hand and gently took hers in mine. Addie gave me a beautiful smile as she squeezed my hand and pulled me close. I couldn't get over how breathtakingly beautiful this woman was. An angel. 

"You look very handsome too, Adam. I'm a damn lucky woman." she replied and gave me a little kiss.

"Shall we?" I asked as I handed her her bouquet.

"I'd love to." she said.

Together we entered the room where we were already awaited by our guests. The music began to play as we slowly walked down the aisle side by side. As I expected, all eyes were on the gorgeous woman next to me. Her round baby bump wrapped in delicate fabric that highlighted her beauty so magnificently.

All my attention was focused on Addie. The words of the minster just a noise in the back of my head. I could hardly wait to tell this special woman what she meant to me. And then the time finally came.

"Addison, I thought long and hard about what words would be enough to tell you how much I love you and how much you mean to me. But eventually I realized that words are not the most important thing. The most important thing is that I will show you every single day.

You are my light that makes even the darkest days seem so bright. With you by my side, I can do anything. All worries and fears are somehow smaller than before. One look into your eyes and the world stood still for me. I immediately had the feeling that you are something special. And I was right. You are kind, loving, passionate, creative, determined and so many other things. I love every single one of those qualities.

I am so grateful to you for coming into my life. We were both in the right place at the right time. Because without that right timing, I wouldn't be able to marry you today, my love. I wouldn't be able to tell you how much I love you for not only making me a husband and soon a father. You make me the happiest person in the world.

I hope that I will make you as happy every day of our life together as you make me. You and I, your little know-it-all sister Corinne and our daughter are a family. I love you all. And I will always love you guys. Always." I said as I looked Addison firmly in the eyes and gently stroked the hands I was holding.

I saw tears of joy glisten in Addie's eyes as she heard my words. She took a deep breath before it was her turn to say her vows.

"Adam... Looking into your face is the best proof of how much life can change in just one, seemingly, short year. You came into my life when I least expected it. You are the best thing that could have happened to me and I will always be eternally grateful for the fact that I can always rely 100% on you. On your advice, on your support, on your love.

I love you. With every fiber of my being I love you and our princess under my heart loves you too. So much. You are my protection against the cruel world. You are my warmth in the coldest hours. Everything in my life is so much sweeter since I have you by my side. I have received so many blessings since I met you.

I meant then when I gave you my number 'just in case'. I didn't expect anything, but what I received is so much greater than I can describe. You and our family are all I need. You make me so indescribably happy. With you I can do anything. I can't wait to see what the future holds for us. In the near future it will be our daughter, your little wiggler, who will turn our world upside down. I am impatient and yet patient. 

Adam, you complete me. My heart beats for you and it always will. In difficult times and in good. I promise to always stand by your side. As your wife, your partner and as your friend. I will forever be what you need because I love you." said Addie.

"And now that Addison and Adam have expressed their love in such a wonderful way, it's time to ask the most important question. Adam, do you take Addison to be your lawfully wedded wife?" asked the minister.

"I do." I said proudly as I slid her wedding ring into place.

"And you, Addison... do you, take Adam to be your lawfully wedded husband?" he now asked Addie.

"I do." she said in an emotionally charged voice as she carefully slipped my ring on.

"Then I hereby pronounce you husband and wife. Adam, you may kiss your bride." he said.

He didn't have to tell me twice. Gently I took Addie's face in my hands and kissed the ravishing woman, my wife.