24 It's a...

Addison POV

I hummed softly to myself as I went through my notes from the meeting earlier today. I was so engrossed in my work that I didn't hear anyone standing in the doorway.

"Knock, knock." I suddenly heard Adam's voice and raised my head.

"Hi Adam. What are you doing here already?" I asked, surprised, as I stood up and watched him come to me.

"It's almost time for the party. I told you I'd pick you up. I guess you were really into your work." he replied and then gave me a kiss.

"That's true. I sent Sage to the post office to get the quality inspection package out today. Is it that late already?" I wanted to know.

"No, we still have plenty of time. I just wanted to see you guys. And Cori said you should put this on so we can match." said Adam, holding up a small bag he was holding.

I looked inside and it was a white shirt. Matching the white shirt my fiancé was wearing. Immediately I wondered what Cori had planned. Luckily I would find out later. Because the waiting was starting to drive me crazy. Besides, in my opinion, Cori was having a little too much fun planning the gender reveal.

"Cute. I'll change quickly and then we can go." I said.

"Ah ah... not so fast, Miss Blake. You know what I want first." said Adam with a smirk.

I laughed and leaned against the desk while Adam sat down in my chair. He carefully lifted up my blouse and placed his warm hands left and right on my growing baby bump. Then he pressed a kiss to my skin.

"Hello my little wiggler. This is your daddy. You know what I'm waiting for.... Come on... today would be the perfect day for it. And if it helps, I'm sure Mommy is just as impatient as Daddy." he spoke against my bump and then waited to see if anything happened.

"Do you feel anything?" he wanted to know as he looked up at me.

"Nope... Looks like we'll have to wait a little longer. Maybe you'll get lucky tonight." I replied as I took his head in my hands.

"Hopefully..." said Adam pouting.

It was really cute how excited he was to feel the baby for the first time. We knew little Wiggler was doing well. But feeling it for ourselves was definitely something else.

But now we were looking forward to finding out what we had on the way. As promised, Cori was allowed to take care of this special task. I was amazed that she had kept it to herself for almost 2 weeks. Normally it was not easy for her to keep secrets. This meant that she was very determined. And she probably liked to know something that Adam and I also wanted to know.

----------------

"Okay...here's what I've come up with. Addie and Adam will be blindfolded. Then I'm going to put the matching paint on their hands. Addie, you will press your hands on Adam's chest and Adam will press his hands on your belly.

Everyone present, please don't reveal anything until I have taken the blindfold off the two of them. You know the drill... Pink for a little girl.... Blue for a little boy. Everything understood?" Cori explained as she pulled me and Adam by the hands to stand in front of our friends.

As she had said, we got blindfolded. Shortly after, I felt the cold paint on my fingers. Followed by the excited whispering of our guests. I tried to hear something, but I couldn't make out anything specific.

"On three... One... two... three!" said Cori, helping us place our hands in the right places.

I was so excited to find out what the baby was that I could hardly take it. But fortunately I didn't have to wait long, because just seconds later the blindfold was removed.

Immediately I stared at Adam's T-shirt. There my handprints were clearly visible and they were bright pink! I looked into Adam's face and saw the wide, proud smile that I loved so much before he pulled me into his arms.

At that moment, it was just us and our baby. We were going to have a daughter. I could hardly believe it.

"My little wiggler." sniffled Adam in my ear.

"Daddy's little girl." I replied softly as we held each other in our arms.

"Yes. We are having a girl. Adam is going to be surrounded by girls." Cori cheered as she danced around us and then hugged us tightly as well.

"I love all my girls." said Adam proudly, giving Cori a quick kiss on her hair before giving me a passionate kiss.

Then our guests couldn't hold back any longer either. We were showered with hugs and congratulations.

But when I looked up, I suddenly saw a face I had not expected.