MFV : 39

It was 3:37 am when Yeonjun received the call.

It had been a usual night, filled with tears shed and long hugs with babbles of I love you repeated back and forth. Even though they both knew the other loved the other- they had to say it.

It's as if the moment would slip.

There seemed to be a ticking clock, both didn't know for what.

And, to be perfectly honest, at 3:37 am— Yeonjun wasn't really sleeping.

He was watching. Watching Soobin move in his sleep every now and then, hands clutching onto his pillow, chest moving up and down slowly in deep slumber. The way his cheeks got a little puffy, lips shaped themselves in a little pout. The way he got up every now and then, still not completely aware. let out a little mewl of confusion, moved closer to Yeonjun, and fell back asleep.

Yeonjun was so in love.

He was in love with Soobin.

But he was not in love with love. Love scared him.

It scared him that there seemed no limitations for him to do something for Soobin. Soobin had him wrapped around his finger, but Yeonjun didn't really mind. Didn't mind that his heart fluttered when Soobin smiled even a little. Didn't mind that his stomach took turns when Soobin did anything cute. Didn't mind that his chest knotted up when he cried.

It was 3:37 am when Yeonjun received the call.

"Hello?" Yeonjun asked, voice groggy, a little confused as to who was calling him.

"You think you could leave the country and no one would know?"

Yeonjun's breath hitched, and he sat up, clutching onto the phone tightly, "Who is this?"

"You could go anywhere. Wherever you go, we'll find you. And we'll kill you."

Yeonjun placed his hand against his head, trying to take in what was just said to him, "W-Why would... who is this?" Yeonjun asked again, and heard a deep chuckle.

"We've got men all over. So you hand the Lee or Choi kid, whatever the fuck his surname is, over and we'll spare you." The voice said, and Yeonjun got up from the bed, trying not to raise his voice as he walked to the living room.

"Listen, I already told every fucking one, that's not happening. You're not taking him." Yeonjun snapped, now in the living room.

"If you want, we'll spare him." The man said, and Yeonjun felt a knot tighten in his stomach, "But then you'll hand yourself over. Give us all the information we need. And then we'll kill you.

"What the fuck?" Yeonjun let out, and the man chuckled again.

"Make your decision. We'll give you a week."

The phone clicked, the call ended, and Yeonjun almost laughed.

Not because anything about this ordeal was funny, but because he was so fucking tired of this bullshit. He has one week. One week.

Yeonjun felt an anger pulse in his veins and grabbed a bowl sitting on the small dining table and threw it against the wall, a loud sound coming as the ceramic bowl broke. Yeonjun tried his hardest to stop his tears, leaning against the table, closing his eyes tightly.

One week. One week, before he has to either give himself in or watch Soobin get tortured. Again.

"J-Jun?" A small voice piped, and Yeonjun looked up and saw Soobin, with his hair a little messed up, Yeonjun's big shirt reaching till his upper thighs.