MFV : 28

⚠️This chapter may be upsetting to some people, so read it on your own. It is characterized by emotional abuse and gaslighting. Mentions of blood and attempted suic*de are present. The chapter may also elicit personal experiences, so read only when you are ready.⚠️

•••

The truth came wrapped up in pretty gold package paper, which Soobin kept close to his heart for so long, only to rip it open and find deception and distrust.

Oh how badly Soobin wanted to step all over it and throw it out the window, but all he could do was sob and look fearfully at Yeonjun's eyes.

Eyes which he once saw as beautiful. The darkness of it alluring and deep, mysterious to Soobin's naive mind.

Now, the same darkness emitted evil, pure lust for power and nothing else.

No love. No other emotion aside from evil.

"Who are you?"

"You wanna know who I am?" Yeonjun rasped, eyes glinting with pure anger.

"I work for them. I am them." Yeonjun let out, and saw Soobin's already glassy eyes fogged over with Judas kissed mist.

"The Chiantis. They sent me here." Every word which slipped out of Yeonjun's mouth was like a stab to his stomach.

"W-Why... did you-" Soobin started, still confused, not completely understanding everything fully.

If... if Yeonjun loved him, why would he lie to him?

"W-Why did you lie?" Soobin asked in a small voice, afraid of what would come out next.

Oh, those brown eyes which made Soobin's heart swell like a tulip on an early spring day didn't make Soobin feel that way anymore. Soobin felt windy storms and iced nights from those eyes.

"Who are you?!"

Yeonjun smirked. Smirked.

It made Soobin's stomach feel like a void.

"That was part of the assignment, dollie." Yeonjun whispered, and Soobin's eyes widened.

"Lie to you. Make you fall in love. Get all the information out of your pretty little-"

"No!" Soobin pushed him away, caging himself into the wall, holding his arms to his chest, tears blurring his vision, the sight of the boy in front of him subliming into fractions.

"Y-You do love me! Y-You're lying!" Soobin cried.

Yeonjun didn't move, just watching him with emotionless eyes.

Soobin didn't know how to feel, how to act, what to do. He always let himself be carried by his heart, so he lunged forward, wrapping his arms around Yeonjun's neck.

Yeonjun's neck that smelled like his safe havens before. Now, it smelled the same, but with a tint of hell.

"P-Please, Yeonjun... Tell me, please, please, Jun?" Soobin squeaked, lump in his throat evident through his speech.

"Hm? What do you want me to tell you?" Yeonjun asked, not hugging him back, just allowing Soobin to hug him.

"That I've been lying to you all this time? That's how things work around here. People lie. They do, Soobin. Everyone is masked." Yeonjun said slowly, as if giving Soobin a chance to process every word.

"So, tell me, doll. What do you want to know, hm?"

Soobin's heart was shattering, slowly, but surely.