MFV : 41

Jay was in there for at least half an hour, and Soobin was outside, tapping his feet against the marble flooring.

Taehyun and Beomgyu were sitting beside him, but both seemed stressed in their own way, holding hands tightly, whispering to each other about something. Soobin looked at them for a few seconds, and turned his attention away.

He can't wait for Yeonjun to be alright again.

For Yeonjun to come to America.

For them to live the life they dreamt of living.

For everything to be okay.

For none of their demons to come chasing after them.

Dr. Furuya walked up to Soobin and gave him an eased smile, "Soobin, you should know that Yeonjun will have to stay in the hospital for a month or two. Undergo some more surgeries to make sure he is completely okay. Of course, me being a close friend, I'll try to stretch it for as long as I can to ensure he doesn't go to prison, and then put him on the best flight to Chicago." Rei said, and Soobin smiled at his comforting

"Thank you so much." Soobin whispered, and Rei smiled back.

"I've known Yeonjun for a long time. We've been friends since he was 13, me 14. I hope you know how much he loves you. I mean you... have changed him, ya know? He practically radiates around you. That day when you were at the hospital, I've never seen him so afraid. He really does love you." Rei said, and Soobin smiled softly, looking down.

"I love him too. So, so much. Do you know if he'll be okay?" Soobin asked, and Rei stood up.

"I'm going to go check." Rei said, and gave Soobin a nod and entered the room Yeonjun and Jay were in.

"Binnie, have you eaten?" Beomgyu asked, and Soobin huffed

"Not really. Don't want to." Soobin said, and Beomgyu frowned.

"Me and Taehyun will go get you some food, okay? You stay right here." Beomgyu said, and Soobin nodded with a small smile, and Taehyun and Beomgyu stood up and walked out the waiting room.

After another half hour of waiting, and waiting for Taehyun and Beomgyu to return, the door of the ER room opened, and Rei walked out, followed by Jay.

"Soobin." Rei trailed, and Soobin could see the slight paleness in their faces. Soobin frowned, standing up.

"Yeonjun wants to talk to you." Rei said, and Soobin let out a sigh of relief.

Honestly, anything anyone said sounded like a threat or an injury, and maybe, it was his mind playing tricks, but he was so scared he didn't know how to interpret anyone's words. Soobin nodded, and then walked inside the room, closing it behind him.

"Yeonjunnie." Soobin squeaked, walking up to Yeonjun and sitting down beside him, seeing him staring up at the ceiling, looking incredibly tired.

"Everything okay?" Soobin asked, and Yeonjun turned slowly and smiled.

"Perfect, baby." Yeonjun croaked out, "Perfect after seeing you."

Soobin blushed, and then grabbed Yeonjun's hand, enveloping Yeonjun's smaller, but stronger hand, "You're okay, right?" Soobin asked, and then moved a little closer to him to be able to see his face better.

Yeonjun nodded, and Soobin could see how fatigued he looked. It seemed as if he should be asleep.

Like he was fighting to stay awake. Perhaps for Soobin.

"B-Baby... I know you d-don't want to, but you have to u-understand-" Yeonjun stammered, and Soobin squeezed his hand tightly.

"I know, Jun. Taehyun and Beomgyu told me outside. They said me going to Chicago tonight without you sounds like the best option. But it's okay! I'll wait for you Jun!" Soobin said, and Yeonjun opened his mouth— to smile, perhaps, so Soobin continued.