MFV : 25

[ FLASHBACK ]

Soobin giggled, a little bit of icing being smeared on his cheek by Hongjoong, who was also laughing at the boy fondly.

"Another year for you, Binnieee! What wish did you make when you blew out the candles?" Seonghwa asked, ruffling Soobin's hair.

"Eh? If I told you, it wouldn't happen!" Soobin said, giggling at him. Seonghwa pursed his lips in fake sadness, but, then, chuckled at the cute boy who was overly excited to be surrounded by gifts and cake.

He knew what his wish was. His wish was for a good year where no one is mean to him. He knows it sounds a little far-fetched, but he doesn't know why everyone is always in such a bad mood. Everyone just needs to lighten up a little.

He's always a little scared of the boys, if he's honest. If he messes up, he gets yelled at by his brother, or Seonghwa, or his father until he's reduced to nothing but a puddle of his own tears. All he wants is for them to not yell mean things at him. That's all.

"Do you wanna open the gifts?" Jongho asked, and Soobin nodded hurriedly, seeing some gifts wrapped in red and yellow wrapping paper.

It made Soobin oh-so-happy! To see that the boys actually took the time out of their busy days to buy Soobin a gift!

Beomgyu grabbed one of the gifts and placed it onto Soobin's hands. Before Soobin could open it, the door to the living room burst open and Subaru walked in, a cocky smirk on his face.

"Soobin! Happy birthday, little brother. I've got you a gift too." Subaru said loudly, making Soobin look at him with big eyes.

His brother, who never gave him the time of day, got him a gift for his birthday?

That was.... very new.

He never even wished him, let alone buy him a gift.

Nonetheless, Soobin was excited, "Oh, really? Thank you!" Soobin squeaked in awe, seeing the wrapped gift Subaru was holding. It was a big rectangular shaped box, so Soobin got more giddy.

"Open mine first." Subaru said, holding the box out.

"But Jongho gave me his-"

"I said open mine first, Soobin." Subaru snapped, so Soobin nodded and placed Jongho's gift on the floor beside him, grabbing Subaru's.

The other boys looked confused as well, as it wasn't like Subaru to do something like this. They all had a bad feeling, and saw as Subaru smirked and leaned against the wall next to the sofa, taking out a cigarette and lighter.

"Subaru, no smoking. You're only-"

"Stop telling me what to do, Seonghwa. I'm not a kid." Subaru, turning his attention back to Soobin, letting out a smoke.

Soobin ripped open the package in excitement, hearing more footsteps enter the room. He looked up and saw his father.

Everyone was here!

Soobin had never been so happy. He never got attention or love. This was a first.

Soobin opened the package quickly, hearing his father walk close to them. Soobin took the box out and opened it, ruffling through the paper inside, before finding the gift.