MFV : 8

"-okay, clearly you've never heard real music, kid. Comparing Queen to Lady Gaga is just-"

"Lady Gaga is a QUEEN."

"You are SO gay."

"Yes, I am. I'm gay and confused as to what's the big hype about old 80's music. Listen, I grew up around Seonghwa and Beomgyu, and all they ever did in their free time was talk about music! Never let me listen to my music." Soobin huffed, crossing his arms.

Yeonjun pursed his lips and continued driving, "You probably listened to One Direction or something."

"No! I mean... yes, but that's besides the point. I know my taste in stuff is stupid." Soobin mumbled, and Yeonjun looked at him for a split second.

"It's not. You're allowed to like pop music, Bin. In your defense, One Direction had some bops." Yeonjun said, and Soobin gasped.

"I know right! But- um- thanks. That's nice of you." Soobin giggled, and Yeonjun smiled a little.

"I'm not being nice, I'm being decent. Earlier, I said you were good at reading directions from Google Maps and you blushed. Seriously, Bin? It's like you've never received a compliment." Yeonjun snickered, and Soobin blushed a little.

"Told you, I'm not a kid." Soobin said quietly, and then bit his lip.

"It's just... I guess I've always been around older people. And no one really acknowledges you when you're the youngest. They just think you're a bother who they have to babysit and- I don't know. They treat you like you're a baby." Soobin mumbled.

Yeonjun slowed the car down and stopped it, since they were at a red light. Yeonjun turned to Soobin, hands on the steering wheel.

"Didn't you have friends your age? Like, in school or something?" Yeonjun asked, and Soobin snickered, looking down.

"I was homeschooled."

"What about your brother? He was close to your age, no?" Yeonjun asked, wondering if the topic was too sensitive to mention, but Soobin didn't flinch or look a little offended by his question.

"He was a year older than me. Even then, we never get along much. He didn't like me, and I never knew why. He even hit me many times." Soobin said.

Yeonjun looked back at the road, lowering the volume of the radio, "I guess brothers do that.. in a teasing way?" Yeonjun said, and Soobin scoffed.

"I don't think so. If I didn't do something for him he'd punch me in the gut. Everytime I'd cry, he would laugh at me and call me a pussy. He used to scare me with a gun with no bullets, makes me think that they had bullets in them. Sometimes when it used to thunder or... rain, he knew I was scared of it, so he'd throw me into a closet and lock it." Soobin said, fiddling with his hands.

Soobin looked a little shaken, so Yeonjun turned to him, and placed his hand on Soobin's thigh, "You alright?" Yeonjun asked, and Soobin looked at him feebly and nodded.

"Yeah... sorry." Soobin said quickly, and Yeonjun chuckled.

"Stop apologizing. Anyway, your brother sounds like a dick. Didn't any of the guys ever stand up for you?" Yeonjun asked, and Soobin sighed.