Chapter 3

Carina present time

I smile as I place the memory back in the vial and allow everyone to prosses what they heard.

"He marries into a royal line." Orion says shocked.

"Yes, he does. The royal line has fated mates and Sirius is Aria's." I say smiling.

"Thank god we didn't sign a marriage contract for him." Walburga says.

"Wait if you are part of a royal line, you would have the mark." Pollux says and I smirk pulling up my sleeve showing off the golden band wrapping around my upper right arm.

"Me and you my child will have fun." Cassiopeia smirks and I chuckle.

"Ok moving on along the timeline. Two weeks after the wedding a trap is set for two of the best in the Order. It takes five death eaters to take down Fabien and Gideon Prewett. That is the turning point when the war really ramps up."

"My boys." Lucretia says wide eyed.

"What of Molly?" Ignatius asks.

"Molly and her husband Arthur bless you with seven grandchildren and the first girl the Weasley line has seen in centuries. Their first son is actually born in 1970."

"That is..." Lucretia says her sentence tapering off.

"Poor girl." Cassiopeia says and a few people chuckle.

"Regulus graduates Hogwarts and essentially falls off the map. Most believe he was killed in a raid." Orion grabs Walburga's hand and she nods for me to continue.

"In 1980 a prophecy is created stating that a child will be born when the seventh month dies and will be marked as Voldemort's equal and have the power to kill him. There were two children who matched. Neville Longbottom was born on the 30th and Harry Potter was born on the 31st. When Voldemort hears of the prophecy he chooses to go after Harry, essentially marking him as his equal. James and Lily go into hiding with their son and everyone believes Sirius is the secret keeper. Before they went into hiding the ritual was completed to make James and Lily my god parents and the god parents of my unborn brother. Sirius and Aria also did the ritual to make Harry their godson. On October 31st, 1981, the Potters are betrayed, and Voldemort kills both James and Lilly. Due to Lilly sacrifice Harry is protected in a blood ward that makes Voldemort's killing curse rebound and hit him. Sirius is accused of betraying them along with killing 12 muggles and his friend Peter Pettigrew. That same night my mother was attacked. My mother ordered our house elf to take me to family and I was taken to Malfoy manor. My name was changed to Carina Malfoy out of fear of what people would do if they knew I was a Black."

"Sirius couldn't have betrayed them. His magic would have killed him for even attempting." Pollux says anger clear.

"Yes, but Sirius was never given a trial."

"Even disowned our family would have never allowed such a thing." Walburga says.

"Narcissa tried but her husband barely avoided prison for being a death eater. Andromeda couldn't do anything due to being married to a muggle born and Bellatrix is locked up for torturing the Longbottoms into insanity along with Rodolphus, Rabastan, and Barty Crouch Jr."

"Who did the binding?" Alphard asks.

"Dumbledore did the binding of the true secret keeper. No, he never pushed for Sirius to have a trial and at the time he was supreme Mugwump and the Chief Warlock."

"He lets my baby rot!" Walburga shouts.

"That doesn't sound like Dumbledore." Charlus says.

"You will understand later that Dumbledore views people as pawns and is willing to sacrifice anyone for his own gain. Harry is dubbed the boy who lives, and Dumbledore couldn't have him raised by a Black even if Sirius had fought on his side. He had a very specific life planned for Harry and Sirius was in the way."