Chapter 30

Carina
Lucretia is able to give me a modified version of calming draught. She explains it should help with the nightmares and help me relax enough to sleep. She makes sure to stress that if it isn’t helping, I need to talk to her. While I still wish I could ignore the issue I know I will now be unable to hide it from Rabastan.
We spend the rest of the day hanging out around Diagon Alley, picking up the last minute Yule presents and just enjoying our time together. I had debated about us going to Grimmauld place but I’m sure lord Lestrange has already told them, and I didn’t need another lecture. He tells me about Antonin and him wanting to find out exactly what happen, and I promise to talk to him on the way back to school. I didn’t want to ruin my good mood.
By the time I arrive home I feel lighter than I have since I arrived. The calming strength of his side of the bond helping to calm my constantly racing mind. Walburga gives me a knowing look and I quickly slip away to go find the boys.
The next few days I spend some much needed time with the boys and the sisters. Rabastan usually coming over at some point of the day. I hadn’t realized how much I had pushed everyone away and vow to do better.
When Yule arrives, I am woken up by Sirius jumping on my bed. I groan and look out the window to see the sun isn’t even up.
“Come on! Get up!” He shouts, ruining any chance of going back to sleep.
“Alright I’m up.” I groan, sitting up. I spot Regulus standing beside my bed with a small smirk. “Did you tell him to wake me up?”
He just shrugs and walks out, leaving me with a still bouncing Sirius. I just smile and shake my head before shooing Sirius out so I can get ready.
Once I make it downstairs, I spot Orion already in the dining room, wrestling Sirius into his chair.
“I see we weren’t the only one.” He laughs when he spots me.
“Sirius sit down. Yeah, I think it was Regulus’s idea.” I say and chuckle as Regulus glares. Walburga makes it down just as breakfast is served. We are all meeting at Black manor today to spend time with the family and open presents.

Lord Black
I watch as my family laughs as they spend time together. It is a true change from just a year ago. As the kids run around with their new toys, I spot Carina opening a small present. Her carefree smile drops as she reads the card.
“Bella, did you get a present like this?” She asks. Bellatrix looks through her pile and picks up a small package wrapped the same way.
“What is it?” Walburga asks.
She says nothing as she stands and hands me the letter, motioning Bellatrix to do the same. It doesn’t take long to realize the letter is Voldemort asking to meet with her. I just nod and allow her to go off with the children. No point in ruining the holiday. We all knew this was coming but I didn’t expect a Yule gift. I stand and pick up the small book he sent. Flipping through it I notice it goes over old laws that dictate exactly why muggleborns didn’t deserve magic. I just shake my head and have an elf remove it. Last thing we need is one of the younger children getting their hands on it. All gifts not brought by family was checked before being allowed to be handed out, so I know it doesn’t have any compulsions, but I still didn’t like it. I would need to let the others know and see if anyone else received a gift.
“What was that?” Orion asks once all the children leave the room.
“Seems he is tired of waiting to talk to the girls.” I say and allow him to read the letter.
“Are they going to be safe?” Druella asks.
“It is a simple request for a meeting. I don’t want to worry right now but we need to be on guard. If Bellatrix receives another we need to know immediately.” I say and she nods. Right now, the only thing we can do is monitor the situation. If he continues to push, I will need to personally send a letter stating the girls would not be meeting with him but there is no telling what he will do to attempt to get around that.