Chapter 7

Alphard

I couldn't imagine what we would see if she couldn't watch it. It starts with them arriving at the department and I recognize the hall of prophecy. When Bellatrix arrives, I hear Druella gasp. How was it children got stuck fighting fully trained witches and wizards. I am impressed they held their own, but it shouldn't have been necessary. I can already see them working like a trained auror team. All this over a prophecy. I sigh in relief when Sirius and the rest of the adults arrive. The battle heats up with Harry and Carina in the middle. When the stunner hits Sirius causing him to fall into the veil my breath catches. The scream of Harry and Carina will haunt me. Harry takes off after Bellatrix with Carina not far behind. I am surprised when Harry casts the crucio and as he stands over her with so much hatred, I wonder if we will see both of their deaths. Voldemort arrives and Carina doesn't hesitate to attack him. I wanted to strangle them both. He was clearly powerful, and no matter how powerful they were, their core weren't fully developed. Dumbledore arrives and the battle between them is spectacular. When Voldemort possesses Harry, I watch as he clearly tries to fight the invasion. Carina drops to the ground grabbing her head. Dumbledore just stands there, even though there are multiple ways he could have helped. Once Harry breaks the possession, he runs to Carina. The ministry arrives just in time to see Voldemort vanish. I am outraged when Dumbledore suggests breaking the sibling bond out of fear of Voldemort getting to both of them. Thankfully Harry and Carina deny the offer, with Carina stating she will suffer whatever it takes to keep Voldemort away from her brother. The memory comes to an end, and I shut off the device.

"I am surprised she handled Bella so well yesterday. I can only imagine what it was like to see her again." Cassiopeia says.

"While they are both powerful, it feels like the world has just decided they will be the ones to do this. Their cores aren't even developed." I sigh.

"She needs help, there is no way she can function with dealing with blow after blow." Walburga says tears still in her eyes from seeing her son die.

"All we can do is be there for her. Unfortunately, I realize what Dumbledore did. You are correct their core isn't fully developed, but an unknown fact is that we train our core what is expected while it develops. Why do you think if you are over 21 you can't join the auror program. They trained their cores for war and there is no reversing that. Even with her de-aged, her core is almost completely grown. Her magic will always react as if it is war. She was correct that he raised soldiers. Their magic would have been stuck in a state of fight or flight, making them quick to react." Arcturus explains.

"Is there anything we can do?" Orion asks.

"She will feel the need to duel and likely constantly be on alert. She will also more than likely choose a profession that involves violence. We cannot just think of dealing with Voldemort, we also need to think of her future. This is her new timeline, and I fear she will struggle more when it comes to after this is over than dealing with taking Voldemort out. Her core is 19, so we have 2 years to help tamper what was done but there will be no way to completely reverse the effects of growing up like that." Arcturus explains.

"Then will it even be safe to send her to Hogwarts. With all she goes through, I can only imagine going back to the castle." Walburga says.

"I think it should be her choice, she is clearly mature enough to choose what she wants to do. With her ability she could probably take her NEWTs and pass now." I say. I didn't want her to feel forced.

"I believe for now we will carry on with the events of the future. Summer just recently started, and we have time to figure everything out." Arcturus says and I nod. I step out the door and see her talking to one of the smaller elves. She might have been raised for war, but she had a sweet side.