Chapter 43

Cassiopeia

I take my place as the rest of the family and alliance arrive. It has been a week with no sign of her. As they go over the people they have talked to and the tips that have turned out to be nothing, I plan. I am tired of waiting for people to take the offer of money and protection. If they wouldn't come to us willingly then I would just have to go find them myself. It has been a while since my own dungeon has been in use and I can't think of a better reason to put it back in use. The man currently sitting in the cell is low ranking, but he would be a start.

As the meeting comes to an end Arcturus reminds us not to do anything that could put us at risk before dismissing us. Pollux walks over to me giving me a look that says he knows more than he should.

"I know that look, I hope you are being safe."

"I haven't done anything yet." I say smiling.

"If you need me, let me know." He says and I nod. Out of the family members I knew he wouldn't try to stop me. I refuse to allow my family to suffer anymore. Cygnus's girls are retreating into themselves. Andromeda blames herself for not being able to force the rest of the children to leave sooner and Narcissa feels helpless not able to help find her. Orion's boys hardly left their rooms. Sirius still has nightmares about the man holding a wand to him and Regulus refuses to talk to anyone but Sirius and Rabastan. Walburga informing us they are terrified to even travel to the Potter manor out of fear of missing her coming home. The Prewett twins are over here more often, pushing themselves in training to be ready to fight to get her back. I remember what it was like to not want to go to town out of fear of attacks when Grindelwald was still around and will not allow them to feel that same fear. If working outside the law is what is needed, then so be it.

Rodolphus

I arrive home and see my father watching the stairs. I sigh before heading to Rabastan's room. I know my father is worried about him and so am I. He tries to act so strong but I can see the stress. He is putting everyone above his own needs and at this rate I worry he will get himself hurt.

When I knock on the door he glances at me before going back to staring at his arm. I can't take it anymore and walk over to him, pulling him up.

"What the hell?" He asks scowling at me.

"You will drive yourself insane if you just sit here. You are no good to her like that."

"What do you expect me to do? I am doing everything I can to find her."

"I know that but you have to take care of yourself. So you are going to go shower and then we are heading to Grimmauld Place. Bellatrix is rounding up the girls and we are going to get them to play some games in the garden. Hopefully if we can get them moving we can actually get Andromeda to eat and Sirius to say something. It also wouldn't hurt anyone to actually smile. James and Aria will be there along with the Prewett twins." I tell him. It had taken far longer to convince Bella this was actually needed but we had to do something. She had taken over training the kids and seems to live in the dueling room. I help where I can, but I can't watch them all fade away anymore. The adults were already running thin and as the oldest we needed to do better when it came to the kids.

"I have things to do." He insists.

"At this rate when Carina does get back she is going to blame herself for everyone being malnourished and so far into depression they can't get out of bed." I point out and he groans.

"Fine, I admit that even the boys should be eating more. Carina would want me to put them first."

"Exactly, so go shower." While I wish he would do it for himself I couldn't imagine if Bella was missing. At the end of the day at least he is doing something other than staring at his arm or looking over tips we have been given.

Walburga

I look out the window and smile as the kids play. It has been far too long since this house had the sound of laughter.

"Cygnus mentioned a mind healer for Andromeda. She is losing too much weight, and I don't know how many times the elves have informed me she is sleeping in Narcissa's room, terrified someone will also take her." Druella says coming to stand beside me.

"We are thinking the same for Sirius. We had to stun him two nights ago because his magic lashed out in his sleep. He refuses to let Regulus out of his sight and Orion has ordered Kreature to put away anything that makes a large shadow as to not set him off." I admit.

"Did you hear the press is wanting to see the children? Do they not understand this is hard on them. I will not parade my daughters around for sympathy points."

"We have heard the same. They just want something to gawk at. Orion said lord Black would be contacting them to cease sending requests for interviews. We can hardly get Sirius to talk, I couldn't imagine having a reporter asking him a bunch of questions." I say shaking my head. My family's suffering would not be used as entertainment for all of Britian.

We fall into silence as we continue to watch the children. When lunch arrives my smile grows as the kids dig into the meal. The twins set off a firework and I can't bring myself to be upset as my boys laugh.

Once the children finally come inside, the boys head to their room and I go back to what I had been doing. Sometimes people needed to be reminded they are not untouchable. If people wouldn't come forward with a tip for the money and protection then a little blackmail never hurt to loosen lips. It wasn't my fault some women couldn't handle alcohol and spilled more than they should. I normally didn't comment on such ramblings, but I was always listening. Never know when information like that could be of use.

After writing a few letters I smile and sip my tea. The upper class circle was about to be turned upside down if we didn't find Carina soon and I find I don't mind. There are always some type of scandal going on, might as well get some use out of it.