Chapter 35

Rabastan

I spot Carina leaving the headmaster's office and can tell instantly she is upset. I walk over and grab her hand as she stares at the door.

"Want to tell me what happened?"

"Dumbledore offered me and the twins a place on his side. The twins are still in there. I am going to write lord Black but I want to make sure they aren't going to do anything reckless." She says and I glare at the door. The old man was getting desperate and that was never a good thing. We don't talk as we wait for them to walk out. The moment the door opens Carina walks over to them.

"You can't listen to him." She tells them.

"What if he is right? I mean extra training wouldn't hurt." Fabian shrugs.

"Then train with someone in the family. Cassiopeia can run circles around most aurors. She would be happy to teach you. Just don't go signing up for something you don't know. He had no proof it was happening. He talks like he is all powerful, but you know the alliance has far more power. If you get disowned, you won't have the power to do real change."

"What if Molly really is in danger?" Gideon says. I can't believe he would stoop so low as to have them fear for their sister's safety.

"You really think your father would be ok with her in danger. Stop and think about it. Your family has some of the most powerful families standing with them. My godparents will help her out of the country if it comes down to it. Why is he asking us when there are fully trained aurors? We are still in school, if he needs us then his little group he is forming isn't as powerful as he is playing off. The dark sector isn't going to stand for their smaller houses being attacked."

"She is right. My father works with a lot of the smaller houses and offers many of them protection. That is just what my father does. We aren't that different from the light in the fact we protect our own. Between my father and lord Black they would destroy someone for senseless attacks." I add in.

"Your right, I just hate thinking there is a threat out there and we are just sitting here not doing anything." Fabian sighs. Gryffindors and their borderline suicidal bravery.

"How about we all write our parents and ask if they have heard anything?" I suggest. We needed to buy time before they did something that would put them at risk. I didn't want to know what Carina would do to protect them.

"Good idea, I will write lord Black and you write your fathers. When we get letters back we will compare." Carina says and they nod.

"Ok but I want that training." Gideon says and I smirk.

"You can always come over and train with us also. I know you two do mostly light spells but wouldn't hurt to learn how to defend yourself against darker spells." I had seen them in dueling practice and would enjoy the challenge.

Carina

I am in Slytherin in when I finally receive a response from lord Black. Rabastan had received his letter the day before and we head out to find the twins. We find them setting up for what is no doubt another prank, and they follow us outside to a secluded area where we can talk in private. I had read over the letter beforehand and thankfully lord Black hid anything that explained what was truly happening behind the charm. I hated lying to them, I had enough of lies in my last life but without explaining the future they wouldn't understand. I read them the part of the letter anyone can see. He explains how a power was attempting to rise but it was small time. That they already have plans in place to deal with the it and that he will keep us updated. Lord Lestrange and Lord Prewett say almost the exact same thing. I even got a letter from Cassiopeia who says she looks forward to training the twins and will see us when school releases.

It seems to calm their need to rush off to war, but I know it won't take much to set them off again. Just like the twins in my time they would do anything to protect those they considered friends. Once they head off to plan another prank Rabastan looks at me.

"Alright what is really going on?"

"Just the normal. Got conformation on where another one is but it will be hard to get to. Just another problem that needs to be solved. Lord Prewett is worried Dumbledore will still convince them to fight for him and plans to talk to them more during the summer." I shrug. There was little I could do about it sitting in Hogwarts.

"You aren't failing anyone. We will figure it out. I am sure the adults already have a plan, and the twins are smart, reckless but smart. They will listen to the word of their father over Dumbledore." He says and I give a small smile. I am trying to rely more on my family, but it still sucks I can't be involved in everything. I should be there helping to figure it out. "Come on, lets go bother the others."

He stands and I take his hand. Summer was right around the corner, and I would have more time to work. I still have work to do here and try to remind myself that while I'm not hunting for the horcruxes I am helping prevent unnecessary deaths. I promise myself to push myself during the summer. Dumbledore was right about one thing. Voldemort was continuing to grow despite the paper, and I have a bad feeling war was coming sooner than any of us wanted. I would be ready when it starts. It won't be like last time, this time I had the advantage and planned to use it.