Chapter 42

Rabastan

I sit on my bed as I stare down at my mark. It has been two days with no sign of her. Everyone is reaching out to anyone we can think of. If anyone does know they aren't talking. We had been given a few tips, but nothing came close to finding her. If I am not out looking for her, I am spending as much time with the boys as I can. Orion admitted that they did better when I was around. Anything to keep busy. If I stayed here long enough my mind would go to all the ways they could hurt her. I know she is strong, but she has already been through so much. Thankfully the bond is still strong, and she is mostly not in pain. There are a few times I can feel her pain but nothing that has me truly concerned she won't survive. I know when we do get her back, we are going down and getting tracking charms. I should have thought of it sooner. We all knew she was at risk, but I didn't think they would take her out in broad daylight. The longer she is gone the harder it is to convince myself she will be ok.

"I am going to go check on Bella. Do you want to come?" Rodolphus asks from the doorway.

"Nah, I think I am going to go see if the adults have heard anything." I say not looking up.

"Alright, come over later." He says but doesn't move. Sighing, I finally look at him. "We will find her."

"Yeah, but what shape will she be in when we do." Just because they hadn't hurt her yet didn't mean they wouldn't.

"You can send her your magic if something happens. Even you said she isn't being hurt. They might be attempting to wait her out to make her join." He says and I nod. If they wanted her to join, then they wouldn't kill her. I have to hold onto the hope she will survive this. When he leaves, I glance at my mark one more time before getting up and going to find my father.

Carina

I don't know how long I have been stuck here. There are no windows, and the only source of light comes from when someone brings me something to eat. If it wasn't for the meals, I would think they forgot about me. I was so sure when I first woke up, they would drag me in front of Voldemort, but I have yet to see him.

Out of all the ways I thought I would die, death by boredom was not one of them. I try to keep busy by focusing on my magic. The runes carved into the stone floor prevent me from actually using my magic, but I can still meditate and focus on it within me. Anything is better than allowing my mind to wonder. The moment I gave into the silence my family pops into my mind. I can only imagine how terrified they are. I still remember the first time someone close to me was taken. I had lost it and almost ran myself into the ground to get them back. I just hope none of them do anything stupid. They might have seen the memories but none of them had actually been through this before. The kids are the hardest to think about. I find myself fighting back tears at the thought of them blaming themselves. The fearful look on their faces as they stepped through the floo haunts me. No, it was better to focus on my magic than things I had no control over. Sleeping has become the most hated part of the day. My dreams are filled with either being home or back in the dungeon last time I was captured. The worst ones were when they melded together, and it was my family in the cells across from me. I always wake up drenched in sweat with my heart beating out of my chest.

The silence is occasionally broken when a few members stand outside my door talking but I try to tune them out. I didn't need to hear about what they were doing to the muggleborns they caught. I haven't seen them bring anyone else in and figure I am in a separate part of the dungeon. The only thing I do pay attention to is when names are mentioned. It will help us later if we know for sure who was a member.

The heavy metal door swings open slamming against the wall causing me to cringe as the bright light temporarily blinds me. A masked member walks in carrying a tray with two more standing at the door. I don't move off the small cot, I had learned early that Voldemort didn't want me hurt, but that didn't stop the smaller hexes and curses.

"You look pitiful." The man says as he tosses the tray onto the ground. Part of me hates having to keep my mouth shut but I refuse to give them a reason to actually hurt me. I just had to hold on long enough for my family to find me. I knew they wouldn't stop searching for me.

"You can at least be polite. What did that traitor of a family not teach you manors?" A man at the door sneers. I don't look up; I knew how this went. If I said thank you, they would hex me for daring to speak to them and if I kept quiet, they would hex me for ignoring them. There was no winning with them, and I refuse to be polite to men like this.

"I knew the Blacks were losing their touch. They should have killed such a disrespectful little bitch." The last man says as he pulls his wand. I grit my teeth as pain wracks my body. I refuse to give them the satisfaction of crying out. They laugh and say a few more taunts but my sole focus is Rabastan not feeling the extent of the pain. I can feel him pushing sending his magic through the bond and I hate that I can't hide all of it from him. He didn't need to worry anymore than he no doubt already did.

Once the door slams shut, I take some calming breaths as the last of the pain leaves me. After a moment I get up and retrieve the tray. It is the same sandwich and bottled water I get for every meal. I am thankful I am able to keep my strength up, but I know once I get out of here, I don't want to even see a sandwich.