Chapter 10

Arcturus

When lord Winters and his wife arrive, I greet them and lead them to a smaller sitting room. I can now tell where she got her hair.

"I am Carina Black, and I am your granddaughter." Carina says.

"It is good to see that my daughter clearly has a powerful mate. Now I am curious why you came back in time." Lord Winters says.

"If you open up the link, I will be happy to explain." She says and he nods before I feel magic fill the air. It takes 15 minutes for the magic to fade and when they open their eyes, I know they know what is to come.

"I think I need a moment." Lady Winters says, and she steps out of the room.

"It is a wonder you survived such a thing and I now understand why you decided to come back." Lord Winters says.

"We have plans to retrieve the horcruxes and handle the issue." I tell him. I would not have him think we would allow her to do this alone.

"You will have the backing of Winters and anyone who questions the legitimacy of your cover story may speak with me. Addison La Fray did not speak to many, and you were right that most will not question it. Now if you will go speak with your grandmother while I speak with lord Black." He says and Carina nods before stepping out of the room. "I assume you understand what was done to her and her core."

"Yes, I am aware. We plan to offer her dueling and help use the last few years of her core growth to tamper some of the stronger urges." I explain.

"Very well, now a matter I do not wish to bring up with her, but you should be informed. While it is true that we only have one mate and that her counterpart will receive the bond it is possible that she has another. Essentially the ritual had her born in this time which explains why she was not attached to Sirius on your family tree. I do not wish to get her hopes up, but I might already have an idea of who it is. When we transfer like that, I got all of her memories, so I saw things that she probably missed."

"Who do you believe it might be?" I ask curious. It would help stabilize her in this time if she had a mate.

"Rabastan Lestrange, he was present during the ritual, and I believe she missed the small gold band connecting them. Now there is no way to be sure until they meet, but I have a good feeling. She will need to tell him about the future for the bond to take hold. You cannot hide anything from a mate but if he is her mate than he will be unable to betray her."

"I have dealings with lord Lestrange and there has already been talk of a meeting with him over Rodolphus and Bellatrix's marriage. While I don't know about telling him everything, if both of his sons are to be so close, he might need to be informed." I say. Cygnus was already talking about a marriage contract.

"A vow will prevent him from speaking of such matters and honestly, I believe Rodolphus and Bellatrix should be made aware. From what she found it isn't long before they receive the mark, and they might already know of this man. It will prevent them from joining on their own terms." I didn't like the idea of them being involved but I could see his point. Bellatrix was stubborn and if she already believed in the cause, it would take much more than words to have her change her mind.

"I believe you are correct. It will not be easy for them to see what they become but it might be the only way for change." I concede. A knock on the door has us turning and lady Winters with Carina walk in.

"Carina has asked for our books on handling magic sensitives. I will make sure to have them sent to you. What Carina did not know in her past life is that I am also a magic sensitive."

"Thank you, my line has never had one and we want to make sure he is prepared." I say.

"If you may allow me, I can speak with the boy's mother. While he is too young to learn to harness his gift, it might be good for him to meet someone else similar to him. I imagine he has questions that most just will not understand." This is better than I hoped. When Carina had told us I had feared for Regulus's future. There wasn't much on them other than what they could do for others.