Chapter 38

Carina

Sirius and Regulus practically bounce off the wall as I help get them ready. I am heading to Potter manor to see how the potion is coming along and they were excited to spend time with James while Walburga spends time with Euphemia. I am hoping for some good news today. We will be going to get the ring in a few days, and I am stressing over how it will go. I knew about the cave, but it had been Dumbledore who got the ring last time and I didn't know what defenses it had other than the curse on the ring itself.

Once I finally get them settled down enough to get ready, we meet Walburga by the floo. The moment we step out, I almost get knocked over by James running over to hug them. I chuckle as they run off, not acknowledging any adult in the room.

"You would think they hadn't seen each other in years." Fleamont says shaking his head.

"At least they all get along."

"I don't think we have to worry about that. Now them begging to spend the night with each other will be an issue." Euphemia says smiling.

"I am sure, so how is it coming along?" I ask.

"Come on and I will show you." Fleamont says, motioning for me to follow him. I follow him to the potions room while the women head to go find the children.

When I walk in, I spot a bottle on the table and my eyes go wide.

"Is that?"

"Yep." He says with a wide smile.

I slowly walk over and pick it up, staring at the bottle, my cheeks hurting with how large my smile is. This was everything we worked so hard to achieve. We have been able to make it a twice a year potion that allowed them to keep their mind. While it isn't the finished product I want, it feels good to have a win.

"When do you plan to present it?" I ask looking over at Lord Potter.

"I have a meeting with the international potions committee in a few days. I already have all the research in order and see no issue getting the potion approved."

"Good, I hope to have it on the market as soon as possible. The faster we can get it out the less werewolves will follow him." I say gently setting the potion down.

"Now while I know we already talked about this; I want to be sure you don't want to take the credit for it."

"You did all the testing. I have no issue with you taking it." I assure, people watched me enough. The last thing I need is to be considered a potions prodigy. While potions were never too difficult for me, it wasn't a passion of mine.

"It truly will be a breakthrough and help more people than I think we are aware of." He says and I nod. I know many hid that they are infected and even with the registry it didn't account for everyone.

"Once approved I want to send some to Remus's parents. I don't want him to have to worry about not being able to afford it."

"Already ahead of you, I figure sending a yearly supply would be for the best. While we know it works, I don't know how long it will hold and if they are in the muggle world, it wouldn't be practical to keep a bunch of bottles around." He explains.

"Perfect, while I would love to go give it to him personally, I know his father wasn't the most accepting of his condition and I don't know how we would explain we know of his condition." A part of me wants to check on him but I don't need anymore questions.

"All we can do is send it with the proof it has been approved and pray they do what is right for him."

I know he is right; it is only a couple more years before he will be in Hogwarts, and I can get a true update on him. If everything worked out, I would be able to be the defense professor when they all begin.

Rabastan

Rodolphus, Antonin, and I sit together at Antonin's manor. Rodolphus didn't want to risk me getting sidetracked with everything going on while at our manor. It feels like forever since we just got to hang out like we used to.

"How do you feel finally being a graduate?" I ask Antonin.

"Happy to not have to do anymore essays but I'm not looking forward to actually starting work. I know my father wants me to take over the family business, but I can hardly stay awake when he goes to talking about it."

"I don't have that issue, but know what you mean. There are far more expectations now that we graduated." Rodolphus says shaking his head.

"Well I am going to enjoy having one more year." It will feel weird next year not having them, but I know my already full schedule will double once I graduate. I have to admit Hogwarts gives a small break from dealing with the upcoming war even if I did constantly worry about everyone while I am away.

"So when do you finally tie the knot?" Antonin asks Rodolphus and I smirk. I have heard plenty of their upcoming wedding.

"I don't even know anymore. Between all the women on her side of the family I can't keep up with all the suggestions. I figure they will just tell me when to be there." He says and I chuckle at his exasperated look.

"I don't know why you are laughing; it won't be long before it is you and Carina going through this." Rodolphus says and I sigh. I can imagine how much of a production it will be with a royal line involved.

"I think I will follow your lead and just wait to be told when to show up." I say causing them to laugh.

We spend the rest of the time joking that Antonin now needs to find a girl before moving onto random things that pop up. By the time I arrive home I feel lighter than I have in a while and promise myself I will make more time to just spend time with everyone. Rodolphus was right, if everything revolved around the upcoming war, I won't know what to do when it ends.