Chapter 32

Lord Black
Lucretia arrives before the meeting and now with permission she explains what the results are. I am thankful she is healing but now her behavior makes sense. She explains that Rabastan seems supportive and for that I am thankful.
Once everyone arrives, I explain the gifts that the girls received. I also explain Carina’s run in with Voldemort. I was still upset she didn’t tell us but scolding her would not help the situation. No doubt she had already heard how dangerous her actions were from Rabastan. I am just thankful they had found her. No telling what would have happened with her in that state and getting into an altercation. Defending herself is one thing but attacking innocent people was completely different.
“We figured we would have the girls ignore the letters for now. The less interaction the better.” Lord Winters tells the group.
“While none of us received a letter from him, the twins are being pressured to join Dumbledore’s group. Molly seems to already be supportive of him.” Ignatius says.
“Dumbledore takes every chance to make a comment about James, spending time with dark sector children. I finally had to flat out explain that I would not be stopping him from spending time with them. He has now moved onto pushing for everyone in the alliance moving to the light sector.” Lord Potter says and I just shake my head.
“I haven’t heard from either of them, but Rodolphus has mentioned that Antonin is being pressured and has already met with him once. It will be devastating if he chooses to join.” Lord Lestrange adds.
“We need to start making our stance clear.” I say, I didn’t want to deal with either of them, but it was inevitable.
“We start pushing for laws that has both dark and light views. If we are suggesting and voting regardless of the sector it will make our stance more clear. We have all talked about laws that need to be changed. There is no way for us to continue to keep back. We are already targets for both sides and it will only get worse the longer we keep denying them.” Lord Winters suggests and I nod in agreement.
“We can start with creature laws. The potion is coming along well and should be ready for testing soon. If all works out, then it should be able to be published by this summer. If we do it during the summer, it will also allow us to gauge the reaction and prepare the children before they return to Hogwarts.” Lord Potter suggests.
“That would give us time to prepare a presentation. It will need to be convincing. Most would rather hunt them down then give them rights.” Ignatius says. Fear made people unnational and the fear of werewolves was high.
“This summer we also have plans to go to the shack to retrieve the ring. Orion also mentioned a meeting with Lord Nott. He is going to see if he can spot the cup.” I tell them. The sooner we got the cup the better.
“It might be best to go ahead and publish the article on the founders of Hogwarts. We don’t know how long it will take to get the cup and the longer we wait the more are joining him. It is hard to convince most that they need to take a purging potion without giving away why it is needed.” Lord Lestrange suggests. It would be a risk, but I could see the benefit. Once everyone is in agreement, we plan to release it in the Friday paper. With our connections we would be able to make sure it hits front page.
As everyone else leaves I ask lord Lestrange to stay. I didn’t feel like Carina’s medical status was everyone’s business, but he needed to know because of Rabastan. With just me, lord Winters, and him left I explain what I learned.
“Rabastan hasn’t mentioned anything to me, but I know they had a pretty big fight the day he found her. Are we sure he knows?”
“Lucretia mentioned that he was with her when she talked to her about her struggling sleeping. He didn’t admit to knowing but Carina was talking about her results, and he didn’t seem surprised.” I tell him.
“The bond wouldn’t have formed with her hiding such a big secret.” Lord Winters adds.
“Good, while I would love grandchildren it isn’t either of their faults this is happening. I will make sure Rabastan knows he can talk to me if he needs to.” Lord Lestrange says. I wouldn’t even care if it wasn’t for the fact that she loves children. I didn’t want to upset her by overstepping but I have full intentions to looking into things that could help. Our family library has plenty of ancient spells that most have forgotten.

Lord Lestrange
I arrive home and call Rabastan to meet me in the sitting room. I wanted to make sure he knew that I was here if he needed me. I couldn’t imagine what was going through his mind. He was still young and had been thrown into the deep end of issues no child should have to deal with. When he walks in, I motion for him to sit.
“I want you to know Carina told us what happened the day she went missing. I know you are trying to protect her, but we need to know these things. If we don’t then there is no way for her family to help prevent her from being in those situations.” I wasn’t upset they didn’t tell us. I would have probably done the same if it had been my wife but keeping things like that put Carina at risk.
“She barley trusts others as it is. I couldn’t risk her thinking she couldn’t trust me.”
“I understand but please, from now on let us know.” I had no doubt he would continue to keep her secrets but if it came to her safety he couldn’t. “Also, she allowed us to be told of her health report. I want you to know that I am here if you wish to talk about it.”
“Honestly I don’t know what to say about it. I’m disappointed but I don’t blame her. She said that she doesn’t want to continue to go through the process of trying to fix it. There is such a small chance it would work anyways, and I don’t want her to constantly be disappointed. She already believes this is a punishment for her friends dying in her past life.”
“We will support whatever you two think is best, but I will warn you that lord Black is going to look into it. He might find something that is more effective.”
“I don’t mind but if she doesn’t want to, I’m not going to pressure her. I don’t want her to think she has to do it to make me happy.”
“I understand and will inform lord Black to gently bring it up. Now how are you truly handling all this?”
“Thanks, and it is a lot but I’m happy.” He says and I smile. That is what I wanted for my sons. As long as they were happy then nothing else mattered. This war wouldn’t last forever and I couldn’t wait to see how much the flourish when there is no longer a threat.