Chapter 8

Carina

I ignore the looks as I walk back in and put up the memories. I had accepted his death a long time ago.

"We end up making a deal with a goblin to get the horcrux, but he betrays us, and we end up stealing the dragon and riding it out of Gringotts. It turns out to be the Hufflepuff cup. We start to see the pattern and head to Hogwarts to find the Ravenclaw diadem. With the help of Dumbledore's brother, we sneak in but the wards alert to us entering. Harry confronts Snape for killing Dumbledore. Snape and McGonagall duel, Snape redirecting the spells to hit the Carrow twins taking them out. We run off to look for the horcrux as Hogwarts prepares for war. Now I have memories from multiple people because a lot happens during the battle, and I will likely miss something." I say pouring multiple memories into the device. The first memory is of finding the diadem. It carries on showing the arrival of the remaining Order members. The battle is brutal and many fall as we fight for our lives. Bellatrix is finally taken out along with Snape. Harry and I go to watch his memories as Voldemort pulls back. The memory of Harry going into forest hurts all over again and I will never forgive Dumbledore for leaving him as a horcrux. I was proud that Narcissa had in the end chose to do the right thing. Seeing his body being carried by Hagrid still hurt. I had known even then he wasn't dead, but it didn't stop the pain. When the final confrontation between Harry and Voldemort happens, I can see everyone is on the edge of their seat. Voldemort falls and the remaining death eaters flee. The last memory is of the aftermath as we walk through the once great castle that now stood in ruble.

"Dumbledore raised Harry like a pig to slaughter. He left him as a living horcrux, that is why Voldemort had a connection with him and no amount of occlumency would have helped. We learned later that if he had been taken to a healer after his parents were killed then it could have been removed before it completely attached."

"That is barbaric." Cassiopeia sneers.

"Even with adults present it still ended up falling on the children to make up most of the army." Walburga shakes her head.

"Yep, we spent the first month after the battle helping to rebuild the school. McGonagall takes over as head mistress but before we can finish opening the school one of the death eaters decided to prove that Voldemort had been right. Muggles have a thing called a tv and it is similar to a pensive but can be shown over multiple areas. Magic was shown to muggles all over the world and there was no way for the wizarding world to get a handle on it before the muggles began attacking. They deemed us too big of a risk to let live and have bombs that can wipe out whole towns. The ministry in Britain didn't have time to rebuild so we got stuck fighting the death eaters who actually did want to join him and dealing with attacks from muggles. Narcissa was killed by the remaining death eaters for her lie. Lucius and Draco were killed for trying to protect her. Andromeda was hunted down due to her having ties to the order. Teddy was sent to us, but his little body had gone through so much and we didn't have access to many potions much less a healer. He died two days later. Ron was the first to die when he went looking for his mother. Ginny couldn't take the loss of her family and went out taking four of the death eaters with her. Neville was caught trying to collect potion ingredients and killed by the muggles. Luna was killed on a supply run. Harry and I moved frequently. We met up with some highly unlikely allies but by then we were all just trying to survive."

"I am thankful Lucius tried to save her at least." Druella whispers.

"Who were your allies?" Pollux asks.

"Actually, I have a memory of one of the better times during all this. Figure I would give you something a little happier even if the people will be a shock, but it will also answer some of the questions I know everyone has but hasn't asked." I explain and load a memory.