Chapter 13

Carina

The next day I meet up with Bellatrix and her sisters to start training with them. Tonight, we have a family dinner at the Black manor. Regulus has become my little shadow and he is excited to show off his talent. I lead the girls into the library and smile at Regulus.

"Ok Regulus is excited to show you something he has been working on. Narcissa if you will cover his eyes and Bellatrix go disillusion something in the room." I say. They look at me confused but do as I say. Once Bellatrix comes back. I bend down to Regulus.

"Ok buddy, show them where the item is." I say and step away from him to allow him to do his thing. He takes off and I chuckle.

"Are you finally going to explain what is going on with him?" Bella asks.

"Let him have his fun first. It will be announced at tonight's dinner, and he is proud of what he can do." She nods as Regulus calls out that he found it. We walk over and Bella smiles before removing the charm.

"That is great Regulus." She says as Narcissa and Andromeda look even more confused.

"How did he do it?" Narcissa asks.

"Do you want to tell them?" I ask and he nods.

"I'm magic sensitive." He says proudly. They all go wide eyed, and I chuckle.

"We have been working on him honing his ability. He can now find most magical objects in a room, and we are working on spell identification."

"Momma says that we have to keep it a secret." Regulus informs them.

"I can see why." Andromeda says.

"So that was what the incident was about." Bella says making the connection.

"Yes, he knew something was wrong with the letter. We are working on him explaining with words instead of lashing out, but he has made great progress."

We move to the dueling room, and I work with the girls on their magic. Sirius finally joins us and is amazed. I can't help but get a since of pride that I was making sure my family could defend themselves.

Dinner goes by smoothly with most of the family getting along. Pollux and I get into another debate, and I am starting to learn he just wants someone to argue with. After dinner the announcement about Regulus is made. He preens under the praise, and I catch Sirius pouting in the corner. Walking over to him I take a seat.

"What is wrong?" I ask.

"Reggie doesn't need me." He sighs and I pull him into a hug.

"Of course Regulus needs you. He just is learning to stand on his own also. He will always need his big brother. When things go wrong, he will look to you before anyone else." I assure him.

"But he didn't when he got upset." He argues.

"That is because you weren't calm. You saw him panic and you panicked."

"So, he still needs me?" He asks hopeful.

"Regulus will always need you, especially come Hogwarts, where others won't understand him quite as well. You are his big brother and no matter what no one can take that title from you." I tell him. He looks at me for a moment before turning back to Regulus. I can see he is starting to become overwhelmed, and I allow Sirius to go to him and grab his hand. Regulus starts to calm down and Sirius smiles at me.

We all finally head home and once the boys are tucked in, I head to my room, casting a silencing charm. While it is nice to have something to focus on, nothing helps with the nightmares at night. During the day it is second nature to throw up a mask and be ok but when I am alone at night there is nothing to distract me from the memories. I have moved to using dreamless sleep potions most nights and am thankful I can brew it myself. I didn't need anyone to worry about me more than they already did.

~

We finally have our meeting with lord Potter and his wife. While Charlus looked similar to Harry, seeing lord Potter, it takes me a moment to regain my composure. It takes more convincing than it did lord Lestrange, but they finally make the vow and take the purging potion. I once again tell the story. When I finish lord Potter is squeezing his wife's hand who has tears running down her face.

"Thank you for being there for our grandson." She whispers.

"He was my best friend and my brother in all but blood." I say honestly.

"What do you need from us?" lord Potter asks.

"We plan to take down Voldemort and Dumbledore. Both will end up ruining the wizarding world." I tell him.

"We have lord Lestrange supporting us and ask that you help us also. Through our combined power we should be able to start making changes." Arcturus says.

"I am willing to do what it takes to protect my son." Lord Potter states and I smile.

"I would also like to set up a playdate for Sirius and James. I believe they might be magical brothers." Walburga says and lady Potter smiles.

"Of course, James doesn't get to see many kids and is always up for a playdate. If they are, then that is a bond we should cherish." Once they finish, I pull out my paperwork that I have written up and allow both Arcturus and lord Potter to read over it.

"This will shake up Britain for sure. I wonder if your grandfather would be willing to join in?" Arcturus says.

"I am happy to help on the potion. If this is to be one of my son's best friends than he deserves a chance to live like the rest of us." Lord Potter says.

"I can write my grandfather and thank you lord Potter. I have an idea on how to accomplish it but while decent in potions I was never at the level it took to brew the original potion." Things were finally starting to move upwards, and I was becoming excited about the future.

~

My grandfather writes back that he will be willing to stand with us and that he has plans to start looking for a place to live in Britain. It is agreed upon that my grandmother will host a ball to announce their return, this way both light and dark sector could be present. That is where they also plan to announce the alliance between the Blacks, Potters, Lestrange, and Winters. I am hoping if we can show people there is another way it will keep many from joining Voldemort or Dumbledore. The less we had to worry about the better.