Chapter 9

Alphard

I wonder for the thousandth time how she is still standing. I agreed with Walburga that we needed to find a way to get her some help.

"I propose we start back up family dinner. In light of everything I think it would be good to keep the family bonds strong." Walburga suggests.

"I really like that idea." Druella says smiling.

"I think I will start training with Carina. Maybe it will do all the kids some good." Cassiopeia suggests.

"I would like that." Carina smiles. I knew it would help but part of me wanted to keep her away from dueling. She had been through enough.

"I think it would do them well." Cygnus agrees.

"Bellatrix will love it." Druella adds.

"We are going to start work with Regulus on occlumency and it wouldn't hurt for Sirius to learn it." Walburga says.

"I think it would be good to teach him to extend his magic to be able to feel a whole room. This was he will know if there is a threat or not, and if not, it will help him relax." Carina suggests.

"Not all of us can do that." I chuckle.

"Sure you can, you just never had a reason to learn. Even with a fully formed core magic is a muscle you can actually build power after fully formed it is just easier when it is still growing. Also, self-defense would be good for all the kids. Sometimes, especially with minors, magic isn't an option, and they need to be able to defend themselves. Plus side is the more physically fit you are the easier it is to grow your magic." Carina says. I had never thought about that, but she was right.

"Do you know self-defense?" Orion asks.

"Yep, Rodolphus and Rabastan taught me and Harry so if we needed to, we could defend ourselves without using magic. While not a professional I know quite a bit."

"I was taught self-defense later in life, but I agree it would be a good idea." Cassiopeia says and I know we have lost her to the planning.

"Ok, so other than taking down two powerful wizards what else did you want to do?" Charlus asks her.

"The first is opening an orphanage. We are the only magical community that doesn't have one which means orphans are sent to the muggle world. Also, a primary school, if we got to muggleborns younger it wouldn't be so hard for them to transfer into our world. Right now, they are brought in at 11 and know nothing about magic. We expect them to follow our ways, but Hogwarts doesn't have classes on those so how are they expected to learn."

"Those are big plans." Pollux says and I can see most of the family thinking about it. I had never thought about what muggleborns go through.

"Oh yeah, and I have a few more but I need to tinker with it for a while. I want to take the potion that allowed werewolves to keep their mind and change it to hopefully be a one dose or at least once a year. In my time even with the potion the ministry made it so expensive that most couldn't afford it. That is why the werewolves followed him. He promised them rights and access to the potion."

"You are determined to save the werewolves." Pollux groans.

"If it was one of your family that had been bitten as a child. What would you do? People don't ask to be turned, what gives you more rights than them. Shit. I know there are wards that can be used to keep a werewolf in a contained area. Instead of shunning them why not make a space for them and it would drastically lower attacks." She says holding her ground. Yep. she definitely got her stubbornness from the Blacks.